FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Summon Monster I to IX Module for PFRPG

Months ago, I have decided that a module for Summon Monster I to IX Module for PFRPG is needed that has effects for all the NPCs that one may summon, but I was too busy redoing my my current campaign. A week ago I finished that. I asked for information on coding XML for the planned Summon Monster module, and Kelrugem and Talyn answered my questions. I was convinced that the project was possible by Talyn. I did realize that I could not do the coadding, however Talyn volunteered to do the coadding to organize the new module. Power attack has been adjusted.

Finally I was done, and Talyn put it together faster then I thought possible, "On the Fly"! Thank you Talyn for your expertise, and Kelrugem for the support!

This is what the module looks like.
    Screenshot 2.0.jpg

The creatures have effects for Augmented Summoning, Celestial/Fiendish Templates, Shadow creature Template, spells, feats and abilities. There is only a limited selection of elemental types: Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. The Young is added as a template, I did not do anything for Young Giant damage.

Here is the new Summon Monster I to IX Module 2.0, Talyn thank you for your help. I guess I needed to transfer every bit of code.
    PFRPG Summon Monster 2.0.mod

Very important, you will need to download bmos disease tracker extension and maladies module to open the NPCs in this module.

Link is here.

Load Disease tracker extension.

If you don't wish to have a disease tracker, here is a module with out it.

PFRPG Summon Monster 2.1.mod [FG Forge]

I got my power attack effect from an old module.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...library/page12
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dellanx; September 17th, 2021 at 03:15.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Nice one! Great community collaboration.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Morquendel View Post
    Will make my players happy
    Wonderful!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nice one! Great community collaboration.
    Trenloe, thank you! It was a labor of love!

Thank You!

Curtesy of Talyn, here is a old version of this module that sorts correctly in Roman Numeral format! Awesome indeed thank you very much!

Untitled 1.jpg

Updated Module:
    PFRPG Summon Monster.mod
    Last edited by dellanx; January 30th, 2021 at 21:14.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Months ago, I have decided that a module for Summon Monster I to IX Module for PFRPG is needed that has effects for all the NPCs that one may summon, but I was too busy redoing my my current campaign. A week ago I finished that. I asked for information on coding XML for the planned Summon Monster module, and Kelrugem and Talyn answered my questions. I was convinced that the project was possible by Talyn. I did realize that I could not do the coadding, however Talyn volunteered to do the coadding to organize the new module.

Finally I was done, and Talyn put it together faster then I thought possible, "On the Fly"! Thank you Talyn for your expertise, and Kelrugem for the support!

This is what the module looks like.
    Attachment 42931

The creatures have effects for Augmented Summoning, Celestial/Fiendish Templates, spells, feats and abilities. There is only a limited selection of elemental types: Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. The Young is added as a template, I did not do anything for Young Giant damage.

Attachment 42932
    Attachment 42933

Here is the new community module.
    Attachment 42934
    Great work with this, but there are some faults.
    The first one is a tough one. Smite evil from celestial template is not the same as smite evil from Paladins. It is not 100% clear, but it does not say that it works as paladins ability, therefore it does not.
    If you wanted it to work as paladin smite evil you have forgot the bypasses damage reduction part of smite evil.

The only thing it does is +Charisma to hit (if positive) and +HD damage, but only vs evil and one designated target. So your effects should be:
    IFT: custom(Smite Evil), ALGIN(evil); ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]
    If they have negative charisma you just cut out the ATK part and make it:
    IFT: custom(Smite Evil), ALGIN(evil); DMG: [LVL]

The LVL and CHA works when using them from the creatures NPC sheet in the combat tracker even though the wiki say PC only tag It will save you much time to just copy paste one of these two lines instead of manually typing in the numbers.

Grizzly bear has SR:8, it should have SR: 10.
    Really nice of you to put in SR as an effect even though you have to have Kels extension to use it 100% (it is still information for those that don`t use that extension)

Really nice of you to include power attack for creatures that have that feat.
    If you want more work, then I have noticed that you have set casts for poisons and stuns and things like that. But not trample (at least not for those two I looked at, the Elephant and one other creature)
    That would be a reflex save for half damage, and set it up with: Strenght based save + half hit dice. Damage would be (damage dice given in monster stat block) + 1.5 x STR. Since we have augumented summoning, in order to get it correct we have to set it up with a strenght based save and damage instead of a static one.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Great work with this, but there are some faults.
    The first one is a tough one. Smite evil from celestial template is not the same as smite evil from Paladins. It is not 100% clear, but it does not say that it works as paladins ability, therefore it does not.
    If you wanted it to work as paladin smite evil you have forgot the bypasses damage reduction part of smite evil.
    Thank you for the review, I will re-do as much as possible.

The only thing it does is +Charisma to hit (if positive) and +HD damage, but only vs evil and one designated target. So your effects should be:
    I consulted a friend of mine, and he explained that the damage bonus is the damage type damage type of the weapon.
    Damage.jpg
    Very interesting FG actually types the bonus as the weapon one is already using.

The LVL and CHA works when using them from the creatures NPC sheet in the combat tracker even though the wiki say PC only tag It will save you much time to just copy paste one of these two lines instead of manually typing in the numbers.
    I will do this.

Grizzly bear has SR:8, it should have SR: 10.
    I will check, CR id 4 so should be CR +5 = 9

Really nice of you to put in SR as an effect even though you have to have Kels extension to use it 100% (it is still information for those that don`t use that extension)
    I did this in SQ for the ones that had SR listed on the d20pfsrd.com, but I think I will have to delete that and put it in the effect. I have tested this, and if one adds the effect and the SR is listed in the SQ the SQ SR will be used by the combat tracker. I may as well be consistent. The added benefit is that these animals may be used as animals or as summoned creatures.

Really nice of you to include power attack for creatures that have that feat.
    If you want more work, then I have noticed that you have set casts for poisons and stuns and things like that. But not trample (at least not for those two I looked at, the Elephant and one other creature)
    That would be a reflex save for half damage, and set it up with: Strength based save + half hit dice. Damage would be (damage dice given in monster stat block) + 1.5 x STR. Since we have augmented summoning, in order to get it correct we have to set it up with a strength based save and damage instead of a static one.
    I will have to look at this, I did it for some of the creatures especially toward the end of the list.
    Fixed Auroch*, Bison*, Elephant* and Mastodon (elephant)*. Also added Power Attack to Elephant*. Added Cleave to Giants.

Thanks you!
    Last edited by dellanx; January 19th, 2021 at 21:07.

Thank You!

I am thinking of adding both effects in case of charisma buffs. Let the GM decide if the creature is buffed or not. Too bad one can't say if the CHA bonus is < 0, than it is 0.
    Last edited by dellanx; January 18th, 2021 at 00:33.

Thank You!

Awesome job dellanx, thank you. This will be very helpful.

I tested the module and found some items to review. I grouped them together to hopefully make it easier to work on them.

Some or all of the Spells are not prepared so do not show up.
    Viper (snake)
    Bloody Skeleton
    Lemure (devil)
    Small Air Elemental
    Small Earth Elemental
    Small Fire Elemental
    Small Water Elemental
    Wolf
    Akata
    Hell Hound
    Reefclaw
    Venomous Snake
    Boar
    Dire Bat
    Giant Ant Soldier
    Lantern Archon
    Blink Dog
    Choker
    Advanced Hell Hound
    Bison
    Giant Ant Drone
    Hound Archon
    Medium Earth Elemental
    Medium Fire Elemental
    Medium Water Elemental
    Mephit (Fire)
    Mephit (Water)
    Rhinoceros
    Advanced Choker
    Bralani (Azata)
    Kyton (Chain Devil)
    Large Earth Elemental
    Large Fire Elemental
    Salamander
    Xill
    Saltwater Merrow - Power Attack is misspelt
    Vulpinal Agathion
    Erinyes The Furies (devil)
    Giant Octopus
    Huge Earth Elemental
    Succubus (demon)
    Chaos Beast
    Mothman
    Bone Devil (osyluth)
    Giant Squid
    Greater Air Elemental
    Greater Earth Elemental
    Greater Fire Elemental
    Greater Water Elemental
    Vrock (Demon)
    Behir
    Daughter of the Dead
    Emkrah
    Elder Air Elemental
    Elder Earth Elemental
    Elder Fire Elemental
    Elder Water Elemental - Remove Extra (unneeded) Spell Class
    Hezrou (Demon)
    Gorgon
    Astral Deva (angel)
    Ghaele (azata)
    Glabrezu (demon)
    Ice Devil (gelugon)

Add Poison effect that can be put on the targeted creature to remind them that they are poisoned.
    For reference, this has been put on the Monitor Lizard

Frog, Poison
    Viper (snake)
    Giant Ant Worker
    Giant Centipede
    Giant Spider
    Octopus
    Venomous Snake
    Giant Ant Soldier
    Iron Cobra
    Giant Ant Drone
    Giant Scorpion
    Giant Wasp
    Amphisbaena
    Emperor Cobra
    Giant Octopus
    Bone Devil (osyluth)

Summoned creatures cannot summon other creatures. So the summon effect should be removed.
    Mephit (Air)
    Mephit (Earth)
    Mephit (Fire)
    Mephit (Water)
    Babau (demon)
    Bearded Devil (barbazu)
    Erinyes The Furies (devil)
    Shadow Demon
    Succubus (demon)
    Bone Devil (osyluth)
    Vrock (Demon)
    Barbed Devil (hamatula)
    Hezrou (Demon)
    Glabrezu (demon)
    Ice Devil (gelugon)
    Nalfeshnee (demon)

Missing * in name
    Pteranodon (dinosaur)
    Rhinoceros

Grab/Grapple Effect is Missing
    Grizzly Bear
    Lion
    Tiger
    Dire (spotted) Lion
    Roc

Individual Items
    Goblin Dog - Add effect for Allergic Reaction - Allergic Reaction;DEX:-2;CHA:-2

Dretch (demon) Add nauseated effect to Stinking Cloud

Lantern Archon - Add Aura of Menace effect - Aura of Menace;ATK:-2;AC:-2;SAVE:-2

Babau (demon) - Add Protective Slime effect/damage

Bearded Devil (barbazu) - Add Disease from Beard. Add DMGO from Infernal Wound

Wooly Rhinoceros - Add Powerful Charge effect. Add Trample effect.

Elephant - Add Trample effect.

Triceratops (Dinosaur) - Add Powerful Charge effect. Add Trample effect.

Griffon is missing lots details on the Main tab.

Brachiosaurus (Dinosaur) - Add Trample Effect.

Dire Crocodile - Add Death Roll effect. Add Swallow Whole effect.

Mastodon (elephant) - Add Trample Effect.

Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur) - Add Grab/Grapple effect. Add Swallow Whole effect.

Glabrezu (demon) - Add Rend effect

Trumpet Archon - Add Aura of Menace effect.

Thread Information