Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by momochakli View Post
    I've never had a problem with players running all over. I just tell them to stay together and somaetimes ask them to stop while something they've triggered is resolved. Seems a lot easier to set expectations on player behavior than to manually approve every single movement.

But, different DMs have different playstyles, so having the option is good. A global on/off would be great since DMs could then just set it once and forget about it instead of having to set it for every map.
    What about the DM that switches it off when PCs are exploring but switches it on when in combat. Whatever way you do it it will require some switching on and off; so it doesn't matter if it's on or off by default - many DMs will need to intervene one way or another. From what I can gather the majority have it on so having it on by default seems to suit the majority I'm thinking.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Before token locking was implemented the forums were alive with people clamouring for token locking to be implemented because without it the game was 'unplayable'. So perhaps you are in the minority? This is one of these situations where it's impossible to keep everyone happy - except possibly if a global token lock/unlock could be applied. Even then there will be people who will moan that that option should be on or off by default (and not everyone pays any attention to options).
    I am definitely in the default off camp. At the very least is should be a global option so it doesn't have to be done on *every single map*

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus
    What about the DM that switches it off when PCs are exploring but switches it on when in combat. Whatever way you do it it will require some switching on and off; so it doesn't matter if it's on or off by default - many DMs will need to intervene one way or another. From what I can gather the majority have it on so having it on by default seems to suit the majority I'm thinking.
    Those people could still make use of the radial menu on their maps. I would very much like to turn it off and never see it again.
    Last edited by The High Druid; January 21st, 2021 at 00:40.

I'm always a little surprised when I hear GMs talking about players running around uncovering the map. This seems like the VTT equivalent of them peeking behind the dungeon master's screen and looking at his notes. Why tolerate this behavior? If someone couldn't control themselves after a warning, I'm not sure I'd want to game with them.

There’s people that when abroad on holidays fling themselves from balconies for no apparent reason, so don’t take for granted that there’s universal rules of etiquette

I would like to see a global option to turn off the token locking and allow free movement so that any GM playing with adults does not have to turn it off every single map. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcorin View Post
    I would like to see a global option to turn off the token locking and allow free movement so that any GM playing with adults does not have to turn it off every single map. Thanks.
    Suggestions go in the wish list. Add it there or vote if its already there. Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It would be nice to unlock based on combat tracker turn OPTION

Thread Information