FG Spreadshirt Swag

Fantasy Grounds Unity - Day/Night Lighting Effects

Good afternoon All.

I have a simple question. I've used FGC for a couple years but only recently switched to Unity. I'm about to get a RotF game going and I am using the winter theme.

Am I crazy (or are my eyes worse than I thought they were) -- I don't see the toggle that FGC has for the lighting change day/night/twilight.

Did that get removed from unity? I didn't use often but sometimes it was nice for atmosphere and I think it would have fit in with my Rime game.

Thanks.

It has been removed in Unity... I hope they will bring it back at some point ,this was very used feature in my games for setting the mood.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

You can't change the overall mood lighting like you could in FGC.

You can, however, change the lighting on an image - so if you're playing on a map this can help a little towards setting the mood. Add a "fx" layer and set to "Time of day" or "Adjust colors" and play with the settings.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have not messed with the fx layer yet but thanks ill try your suggestion. Hopefully its fairly simple to use.

FX layer is super easy to use, and VERY useful. I can make the water move. I created a magic corridor and added a VERY tiny water effect to kind make it look weird. I use lighting to create mood, etc.

We have a class we are teaching on the new maps and images functionality (including the effects) at the Fantasy Grounds College. The next one is an EU-friendly one next Tuesday afternoon (EST). We will be putting more of those on the schedule in the coming weeks.

Windrunner

Thread Information