5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I have updated an updated version to the Forge that will allow the coin to moved and you now can select the type of coin you would like used.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/830/view

Quote Originally Posted by SAVeira View Post
    I have updated an updated version to the Forge that will allow the coin to moved and you now can select the type of coin you would like used.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/830/view
    Downloaded the new version of the extension.

So close. I really like the idea of the different coin style. I would be neat to be able to upload a custom image.

As far as the positioning, that's not working. I right click and choose unlock position but to no avail, I can only get a drag and drop to roll function occurring. Upon trying the right click again, it was a bit odd to realize that I had to click the close button to get the option to either close or lock the position (I did discover that the hover tip made that a more clear direction). Also, if you happen to click 'close' the coin is gone with no obvious way of having it return to the screen other than to close and then reload the session.

FYI, I did update the older extension and having the three choices in the older version of the extension did resolve the placement of the coin even though that is a fixed position type choice.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Thakeria Jamison View Post
    Downloaded the new version of the extension.

So close. I really like the idea of the different coin style. I would be neat to be able to upload a custom image.

As far as the positioning, that's not working. I right click and choose unlock position but to no avail, I can only get a drag and drop to roll function occurring. Upon trying the right click again, it was a bit odd to realize that I had to click the close button to get the option to either close or lock the position (I did discover that the hover tip made that a more clear direction). Also, if you happen to click 'close' the coin is gone with no obvious way of having it return to the screen other than to close and then reload the session.

FYI, I did update the older extension and having the three choices in the older version of the extension did resolve the placement of the coin even though that is a fixed position type choice.

Regards
    You have carefully select just off the coin itself, not the coin directly. If you see the point change to a hand, you are over the coin. So, position the point over the coin, when it turns to a hand, slow move off, then when it is a pointer again, then left click. There is no way stop the function of the coin being draggable or flip able when trying to move. There are two part to the coin, the visible coin, and an invisible larger area around it. That area around the coin is what is movable part.

I can disable the close part. Just not one to remove options when given. Close is working as designed (function built into FGU).

As for a custom image. That would take more programing time that I am able to devote at this time. I am open to add coins if they are something in the public domain. People can just hack the extension to put in their own images. It is quite simple. The extension should not be in vault, so you can rename "Coin Flip.ext to "Coin Flip.zip". Replace a couple of images (coinheads.png & cointails.png to change the default image) then rename the zip folder back to ext. They will need to be 50x50 pixels, at 32bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVeira View Post
    You have carefully select just off the coin itself, not the coin directly. If you see the point change to a hand, you are over the coin. So, position the point over the coin, when it turns to a hand, slow move off, then when it is a pointer again, then left click. There is no way stop the function of the coin being draggable or flip able when trying to move. There are two part to the coin, the visible coin, and an invisible larger area around it. That area around the coin is what is movable part.

I can disable the close part. Just not one to remove options when given. Close is working as designed (function built into FGU).

As for a custom image. That would take more programing time that I am able to devote at this time. I am open to add coins if they are something in the public domain. People can just hack the extension to put in their own images. It is quite simple. The extension should not be in vault, so you can rename "Coin Flip.ext to "Coin Flip.zip". Replace a couple of images (coinheads.png & cointails.png to change the default image) then rename the zip folder back to ext. They will need to be 50x50 pixels, at 32bit.
    Gotcha. While that is not too bad on a desktop with a mouse, it is a real challenge on a laptop with the touchpad. With a mix of hardware amongst players some may find it easy and others not so much.

It was a bit of an expectation that the positioning would operate like the other widgets when they are in movement mode.

You may want to post these precise targeting for movement instructions in the Forge description for the extension. Just a thought.

Also, completely understandable on the custom coin image. It's just a germ thought for ideas later down the road.

Regards

I have submitted a minor update. How in options, you can turn on a background for the widget. That should make it easier to figure out what to click on to move the coin.

Thread Information