Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Release notes for 4.0.7 did not get updated in the app

Hitting release notes button does not show any updates for the latest release. And even weirder - the version number still says 4.0.6 - but date has changed to 1-14. City hall has the 4.0.7 release notes by the way.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 15th, 2021 at 19:08.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

They go to the same link (app button vs. City Hall link). We use a CDN service; so the update to the file might be delayed for you. I submitted a cache purge for that link this morning; so I assume it should be available soon.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    They go to the same link (app button vs. City Hall link). We use a CDN service; so the update to the file might be delayed for you. I submitted a cache purge for that link this morning; so I assume it should be available soon.

Regards,
    JPG
    Since I missed it - would I not be missing it until the next time I hit update button? Which is generally not until there is an update - so would have to do it without it being red reminding me to hit it correct?

No, the release notes are not local. They are on the web server. The app just tells the OS to open a URL link.

Regards,
    JPG

I got an update highlight and it updated the FGU app but still showing 4.0.6. Launcher is different than previously so the update went thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, the release notes are not local. They are on the web server. The app just tells the OS to open a URL link.

Regards,
    JPG
    Release Notes now show but still 4.0.6 instead of 4.0.7 at top off app front page.

Not an issue really, but every time I launch FGU it shows 4.0.6 - if I update it downloads nothing extra but then shows 4.0.7. When I leave a campaign and go back to launcher it shows 4.0.6 again. The features are all the same just wrong version number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Not an issue really, but every time I launch FGU it shows 4.0.6 - if I update it downloads nothing extra but then shows 4.0.7. When I leave a campaign and go back to launcher it shows 4.0.6 again. The features are all the same just wrong version number.
    Sounds like your shortcut used to start FGU is pointing to a different FantasyGrounds.exe file than the one the updater updates.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sounds like your shortcut used to start FGU is pointing to a different FantasyGrounds.exe file than the one the updater updates.
    Linux install. Nothings changed for months. Still it works fine. If it presents an issue I'll reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Turns out the FGU App folder was different. Pointed to the right one. Problem solved, so you were right.

Thread Information