5E Character Create Playlist

Adding more HP 'pools/bars' for d20 modern.

As per the title, is it possible? I'm looking to be running a Mass Effect game using the d20 modern ruleset (Or modifying a bit to fit)
    In the system I'm using, besides HP, there is Shields and Armor. I was thinking looking into using Temp HP as a slight solution, but is there a better way? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Anderill

It is certainly something that could be done via an extension.
    FG rulesets are a combination of XML data and XML presentation and Lua scripting.

Would my best option (100% FG and XML noob here) reverse engineer the d20 character sheet and try and triplicate the HP field?

Blog Entries
    I dint have d20 modern but yes you would crack it open (unless its in the vault) and look at the existing code.

You could either just add new fields and manually utilise them - relatively easy - or you could try and build actual working HP fields which will require a lot more work.

I am actually working on doing the same thing.
    I am not a fan of the vertical health bars in SFPRG, I am going for something similar to how MT has it. We had used a custom health bar in that too which I liked. Though the furthest I have gone is written some pretty extensive macros for it, nothing fancy
    I've just started testing out some basic stuff with my first extension, I replaced all the "effect" icons with much better ones! I also added a new homebrew effect and gave it it's own icon too. Nothing fancy, I used skill icons from something else until I can decide on an asset pack down the road, not like that matters but it is a fun little challenge.
    Just figured out how to add new options to the Option menu, and how to add a value to one already existing. There aren't a lot of comments/notes on it that I could find in the source code so it needs a lot of testing here and there

From what I Can tell it seems you may need to redo the functions in manager_token.lua in CORERPG if you want to add a health bar. Seems much more daunting than what I have done so far Maybe it would be easier to try and re-scale the effect icons first lol!
    When I get mine working I'll add the extension for the health bar to the forums so others can see/critique. Should be pretty easy to add separate /shield/armor/mana bars for specific rulesets, though I think this would work best as an all-around feature in-case a GM wants to use some kind of armor system as a homebrew-type thing. One bridge at a time though.
    Last edited by Meanmelter; January 27th, 2021 at 06:01. Reason: Forgot to add part where I added a custom effect and gave it an icon :)
    Ask me how Star Trek did my girl Ro Laren dirty.

Thread Information