Time Zone: GMT
    Day of week and time: Tues 7.00pm to 10..00pm GMT
    If new game, planned start date: Session Zero Tues 26th January
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 3 to 3.5 hours
    Term: On-going

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Cthulhu is heavily weighted towards role-playing and investigation
    Number of Players in game & needed:2 Players and we need a further three

Character starting level & equipment:Standard CofC character Creation
    Character restrictions: None

Details of your scenario:

We’ve been running a CofC table now for just under a year and with a turnover of players we need some new blood. We’re a chilled, relaxed table that focus a lot on role playing, we spend a lot of time laughing with the occasional downbeat grimness you'd expect from Lovecraft country.

CofC has the reputation of being a meat grinder but we like continuing characters so our table doesn’t chew up and spit out PCs the way Chaosium intended but it is a gore splattered game so you should expect some dismemberment.

We have a really enjoyable table in my opinion, our players are really supportive so no experience of CofC or FGU is necessary, we’re happy to welcome totally new players - the real fun of RPGs isn’t knowing rules but enthusiastically jumping into character and situations so all we ask is that you be willing to commit to playing a character and being part of the team. We’re really positive about diversity too so absolutely everyone is welcome to come along and be themselves (ironically whilst pretending to be someone else)

We don't have table rules other than the normal courtesy we'd all expect and respecting the other player's commitment and time. We tend to not enjoy any sort of PvP type situation so I ask the players to avoid that but apart from that enthusiasm and commitment is all we’re looking for.

Cthulhu is a role play heavy investigative game, light on combat (combat is deadly and most monsters can eat you before breakfast) so if you fancy less dice rolling and more fast talking then either comment in the thread or DM me and we can hopefully meet on Discord and see if this is something that would appeal.

Is it classic 1920's or one of the other flavors?

We'll be playing in the classic 1920s with the classic rules, a mixture of published modules and home brew, not a campaign as such but there are over-arcing plot-lines connecting them

Cthulhu does have a bunch of other time periods to play in (Victorian England, frontier America, Ancient Rome) but works best with gangsters, jazz and flappers I feel.

However there is room for the players to take a trip to another time, Cthulhu is after all eternal

never did Call of Cthulhu but it sounds fun if you need one more your group sounds like exactly the kinda group i want regardless of campaign

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSt75 View Post
    never did Call of Cthulhu but it sounds fun if you need one more your group sounds like exactly the kinda group i want regardless of campaign
    Still looking for a people so you'd be welcome to join, sent you a PM with our Discord details

Hi.
    I am new to the whole RPG and FG thing and joined the forum today.
    I recently got into Cthulhu via Mansions of Madness and Arkham horror.
    I have very little exp with role-playing apart from a few games of D&D years ago.
    Would it be possible to tag along as a spectator in order to learn how the app works and learn the game by watching people play?
    I did not realize CoC also had a Victorian period, this would especially interest me

Hi

I am a big fan of Call of Cthulhu and would be very interested in joining up

G

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

PM sent.

Just downloading Fantasy grounds now. I would be interested in CoC. I work shifts though so I would be available for 3 weeks then not available for 3 weeks. Would this work for you?

hello I would like to join if there still are spaces available.

Thread Information