FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Are multiple localhost connections available in FGU?

While developing and troubleshooting extensions, once in a while I need to connect multiple clients to the host instance. In FGC that was easily accomplished with aliasing using differing "Usernames" for each localhost connection. Aliasing doesn't seem to be supported in FGU. If I try to connect multiple times (with my login name) I get a License Conflict error. I only have the standard FGU license, but I doubt an ultimate license would resolve my problem because I would still be trying to connect with the same username.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Connecting multiple localhost instances in FGC was possible but not supported and not recommended as there would be more than one player instance accessing (writing/reading) to the player cache files and so could product unpredictable behavior. In FGU the ability has specifically been blocked to avoid any such problems.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Trenloe

Thread Information