DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mac issue (High Sierra) Can't launch Fanstasy Grounds

Hey everyone,

I've been using FGC on my mac (High Sierra) for the last year. I haven't had any problems and when I did there was a readily available board that answered the question. However tonight I opened up the app, updated it, and then exited because I needed to wait on my group. The finder on mac let me know that the program crashed when closing and had a "reopen" tab to choose, so I did. But the program flashed the icon like it was going to open it up and then nothing. No icon on the task bar, no recognition that the program was even recognized.

I used disk utility; I cleaned the cache using Onyx. Nothing. I can't get this application to launch / open.

I need some help on what I should do next? (I'm also trying not to uninstall/reinstall because I have a lot of the campaign I'm running saved on my computer and I don't want this deleted).
    Last edited by parkerwise; January 13th, 2021 at 02:10.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Moved to House of Healing - Classic.

Welcome to the forums

How did you close? Right mouse > Exit? Or close the window? Have you rebooted your computer? How did you install? Via Steam, the FG wine wrapper install? Bootcamp or your own WINE? And log files or error messages?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I used hot keys (command-Q) to close.
    I have restarted the computer.
    I installed from FG website. Drag and drop to applications folder through the .dmg file.
    I believe this uses Wine.
    I did not use my own Wine. (It does say the wrapping needs to be updated).
    I have run disk utility.
    I have run maintenance with Onyx.

I thought perhaps there was a corrupted crash file somewhere; but I don't know where to find it.

Blog Entries
    I'm not much more familiar with Mac's and Wine wrappers. The command-q to close FG concerns me, since it might not allow FG to shut down properly, but not sure.

I think we're going to have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in. You can also reach out to support via the support portal; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerwise View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've been using FGC on my mac (High Sierra) for the last year. I haven't had any problems and when I did there was a readily available board that answered the question. However tonight I opened up the app, updated it, and then exited because I needed to wait on my group. The finder on mac let me know that the program crashed when closing and had a "reopen" tab to choose, so I did. But the program flashed the icon like it was going to open it up and then nothing. No icon on the task bar, no recognition that the program was even recognized.

I used disk utility; I cleaned the cache using Onyx. Nothing. I can't get this application to launch / open.

I need some help on what I should do next? (I'm also trying not to uninstall/reinstall because I have a lot of the campaign I'm running saved on my computer and I don't want this deleted).
    Have you got a backup of your Data folder? If not make one! Then you can reinstall FGC and point it to the backup Data and your campaign is still there fully intact.

Thread Information