FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CULTxicycalm View Post
    Council of Thieves was the first AP to be published on the new PFRPG rules. Both the "Core Rulebook" and the first part of Council of Thieves were released in August 2009.

But what is the problem anyway with converting the two remaining 3.5E APs? The ruleset is OGL, right?

As for the half-finished conversions, Giantslayer is still missing the last two parts, Skull & Shackles is missing the last part, and Shattered Star is missing the last five parts.

Meanwhile Serpent's Skull, Jade Regent, Hell's Vengeance and Ironfang Invasion haven't had anything converted.

That is a complete list of the PF1 APs that Fantasy Grounds is lacking (in addition of course to Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire, which as you pointed out are 3.5E), and I would be eternally grateful to you if you can work on some of them. In my opinion, the half-finished ones should take precedence, as long as there's no other developer working at them currently.

And then of course I'd also like all the standalone adventures and Society scenarios converted But the APs should certainly take precedence.

Let me also say how grateful to you I and my 17 players are. I have four groups running four separate APs in one giant overworld right now (Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Ruins of Azlant and War for the Crown), and you probably developed at least half of them. My entire multigroup overworld project would have been basically impossible without your work because I don't have the time to convert four separate APs myself while also running the campaigns. Every week I thank Aroden that you and a handful of other developers, and of course Doug above all, had the foresight and patience to grind through all the work necessary to make Fantasy Grounds the best VTT ever. Cheers, guys.
    Thanks for the list. Let me make some inquiries.

Oh, and you're right about Council of Thieves. I was mistaken about that one being 3.5. I guess that only leaves Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire. I don't think there is a problem converting them necessarily. It is just that they would have to be converted to D&D 3.5, instead of PFRPG. In order to be PFRPG, they would have to undergo some level of rules conversion with judgement calls being made for NPC abilities and stats in some cases. I'm not sure how that works for officially licensed materials.

-Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; January 17th, 2022 at 22:11.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I actually want the 3.5E ones for 3.5E. I don't want them converted to PF1.

Looking forward to news from your inquiries!

I actually want the 3.5E ones for 3.5E. I don't want them converted to PF1.

Looking forward to news from your inquiries!
    I'm still checking on the two D&D 3.5E adventure paths (Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire), but I have been told that the other ones had a developer assigned somewhat recently and they are working through the development of these modules. It may take a little while for them to be developed but they are indeed being worked on.

When I find out about the two 3.5E adventure paths, I will send another update.

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

ALL the other ones are assigned? That's great news!

ALL the other ones are assigned? That's great news!
    Yes, however I also just got news about Legacy of Fire and Second Darkness. I was told that we cannot develop those officially. It has something to do with Paizo copyright issues due it being 3.5E. Unfortunately, I can't give any more details as I'm just being a middle person here. I'm one of the module developers that creates these things for SmiteWorks and not really privy to all the legal and business decisions.

Still... all the others coming so it's mostly good news

Ultimate License Holder

Yeah, I am not complaining. I was dubious that the others were coming, so I am elated now. 22/24 is not a bad score at all! And then we have all of PF2 and SF and 5E. Fantasy Grounds is decades ahead of every other competitor at this rate.

Yeah. I'm glad too. To be honest, I was hoping so. I was willing to do them myself to make sure they got done (as I care about the products being out there for folks). Though, I was a bit relieved to find that a developer was assigned as I do a lot of Pathfinder 2 development these days. I also do the occasional 5E product so while willing to take one for the team, I'm glad they have someone else dedicated to them. I was wondering how I would squeeze them into my schedule

Ultimate License Holder

I want to thank you for putting WotR out. They are great modules. Your efforts are appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Thread Information