5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Favorite Pathfinder 1 Adventure Path

I am currently running the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. Its fun and my group is enjoying it. I want to start planning what I should run next. I like the fact that you can buy all the modules at once with this one.

What are some of your favorites and why?

Curse of the Crimson Throne is another good one. It is much like Rise of the Runelords in that it was refreshed with an Anniversary edition (you can purchase it all in one shot the same way). CotCT is largely an urban adventure set in Korvosa. Also has a bonus of Syrinscape audio sets fully developed with lots of NPC speech prebuilt.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

thematically, rise of the runelords, shattered star, and return of the runelords are a trilogy arc adventure paths.

if you enjoy "rise" and want more of same, "return" is available in the store, but "shattered" is not it seems.

i have never ran, and have been unable to successfully complete rotr -- not even past the first half of the book -- as a player
    (due to various circumstances with gms, all the tables i've joined couldn't get it off the ground).

i am concurrently running the 2 latter now as separate tables and really digging them (made themes for them, and then some X-D).
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

I really enjoyed running Mummy's Mask. Had a good Indiana Jones vibe to it and was just a fun thing to run.

I played in a Wrath of the Righteous game for a while before the game died, but it was interesting with the mythic portions involved. That and I got to play a Goblin Feral Gnasher whom the party fighter tossed at the enemies and watched as chaos ensued.

Age of Worms was a fun to play in while it lasted. Not a Paizo AP but pretty well done and pretty good.

If you don't mind running on rails and don't mind an evil campaign, Way of the Wicked is ok. Non-Paizo but it requires a bunch of evil characters to get along and required players being on a railroad almost the entire way. This was the only evil AP I came across until Hell's Vengeance was released.

Another non-Paizo AP I have tried running a few times is The Slumbering Tsar Saga, but it does require some player buy in and a lot of grinding for experience that just started to drag as the game continued. One day I will have a group actually breach the city and move into the second book.

Another non-Paizo AP I have been toying with converting is the Nortlands Saga. Running a cold weather viking themed adventure starting on a glacier seems like a fun area for play.

And I would personally suggest not running Reign of Winter. As fun as the whole Baba Yaga and going to Tsarist Russia things are, the whole juggling between three different maps (almost all of book three) and the party running into a lot of enemies that cause blindness killed the fun for my group. The group spent more time blinded in this AP than in any of the others I have come across.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

If you like a bit of hexploration and kingdom building the Kingmaker is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    Age of Worms was a fun to play in while it lasted. Not a Paizo AP but pretty well done and pretty good.
    It was a Paizo AP - done when Paizo were the publishers of Dungeon magazine.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's right! Thanks Tren, I forgot Paizo published Dungeon and assumed it was a Wizard's production line.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I have GM'd or played in Strange Aeons, Tyrant's Grasp, Mummy's Mask, Wrath of the Righteous (I was the GM for the game Blahness mentioned above which really only got through book 1 before I had to pull the plug, but I did run it to completion once before that) and they are all pretty strong.
    I would not recommend Hell's Vengeance. The later books really struggle to present believable motivations for what the characters are asked to do. If you do decide to run this one do NOT under any circumstances allow players to play undead characters (vampire, lich, etc.). Undead are way too strong to be PCs because of all their immunities. A lesson I learned the hard way.

Thanks! Those are some great suggestions.
    Last edited by hunz; January 29th, 2021 at 18:02.

I'm guessing you are after APs that are in Fantasy Grounds already (without you having to input them yourself). So Shackled City and Savage Tide won't help your search. But those are both great.

Curse of the Crimson Throne is available in FG, and it's fairly epic. Great storyline. I played in it, and had a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Milke; February 8th, 2021 at 21:18. Reason: oops

Another vote for Curse of the Crimson throne. Great adventure, really loved running it (though to be fair, had a great group I was laying with)

Thread Information