STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianLurker View Post
    If it is an issue between builtin video and video card, how would I fix that within FG?
    You can't fix it within FG. It's related to your local setup. If you have two different video cards, then try switching FG to use a different one and see if that removes/reduces the errors. Or, as I mentioned in my previous post, change the graphics card drivers if there are different versions available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianLurker View Post
    FG itself: 3579 MB
    That is too much for FG Your whole RAM capacity on your computer does not matter so much here; FGC is a 32-bit programme, it cannot really use more than 3.2 GB RAM. Which is why you see errors like the allocation thing

You need to unshare a lot of your images, and 1200 tokens are way too much I believe so, also unload the token modules. Just load and share what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    That is too much for FG
    Well spotted. I didn't notice that in the post. The earlier post said the memory use was much less - probably just after loading FG, but not in use.

@GuardianLurker - as 2Kelrugem mentions, you're going to need to reduce your open modules/resources to get that memory use down.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Actually, the previous quote reached similar numbers in startup, then reduced to the lower amount. I don't know why it didn't happen this time. (And yes, I agree 3.5 GB is way to freaking much. Even 670 is way too much, IMO.)

As for the tokens, you are aware that over 2/3 of that total are just from the DMG and MM modules? Descent and Mordenkainen's basically contribute the rest.

That's a *very* bare-bones load - no map modules, no character/token modules, and only one adventure. In my normal campaigns, I generally have at least a half-dozen map modules loaded, and over a dozen token modules. And generally three or more adventure modules as well - for me, typically Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Rise of Tiamat, and Descent Into Avernus, plus my own adventure modules based on and around those.

And as long as I don't switch out, none of that poses a problem.

I can certainly unload the token modules I don't use (and will), but that's not going to work for rules-module or adventure-based tokens, since the resources of those modules are bound tightly together. If, for instance, I use monsters from the MM and Mordenkainen's, I can't pull in *just* the tokens of the monsters I'm using, but all of them. That's 600+ tokens, no matter how many monsters I use from either. And while I can work around that at session time, it doesn't help while I'm writing/developing my content.

I'm looking forward to switch to FGU, but that won't happen until the campaign is over (probably sometime this summer).
    --

"I am not a number! I am a free man!" - No. 6

6 editions of D&D (5+BECMI) GM and Player
    Running a PF2e Fantasy Grounds game

Thread Information