STAR TREK 2d20

Vampire 5th Edition in French

Hello fellow vampires,

Here is an extension that translates the ruleset in french that I made for my group of players who are reluctant to the English language.

This is a first version, which may evolve with your feedback and if this work is of interest to the community.

Of course, I have dealt with the possibilities at my disposal: I don't have access to the native files. And the ones I have been able to access – thanks to Schrecknet and five successes on a Wits + Computer Science test – contain texts that have been hard-coded into the files and are therefore complex to translate.

This is only my modest contribution, in the hope that it will be useful to some, and to promote this product. If the Ruleset author ever wants me to remove this extension or collaborate with him on a better translation using the sources, I am at his disposal. Also, I've spotted a few graphical bugs and ways to improve it. Just tell me.

Playfully,

Maspalio
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maspalio; February 21st, 2021 at 12:56. Reason: File Update

Thank you.
    I tried to have a look at the time but I did not find exactly how to change the Skills as, as you pointed, we have no access to how it has been defined.

Some improvement feedback (tested with FGU):
    1/ the accentuated characters do not display correctly in the skills using the default fonts (did you use unicode format?). Are you using a specific font?
    2/ The skills in English remain in the sheet
    3/ Some skills have not been translated (e.g. streetwise)
    4/ for captial letters I ebliegve it would be better not to use the accentuaed characters as they use the lower case mixed with uppercase letters (e.g. DéSIR, GéNéRATION)

Assets should be translated by "Resources" and not "Atouts".

Thanks for your feedback. The problem with the skills is that the texts are included in the .lua code, which generates a difficulty for accented characters and effectively duplicates the English and French content, each appearing as a separate object. I take note of your translation suggestions and will correct them.

Updated the extension after version 3.3.13 which generated a "button_lock" error and fixed some accented characters as mentioned by Nauthoron. Skills are not translated though.
    Last edited by Maspalio; February 21st, 2021 at 12:58.

Hi, can I use your extension as a basis for a translation into Portuguese? I couldn't find a list anywhere showing the V5 ruleset strings for me to do from the beginning, just the extension you made. So if you authorize, and or have any tips, it would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maspalio View Post
    Updated the extension after version 3.3.13 which generated a "button_lock" error and fixed some accented characters as mentioned by Nauthoron. Skills are not translated though.

Quote Originally Posted by bteixeira View Post
    Hi, can I use your extension as a basis for a translation into Portuguese?.
    Of course, feel free to edit the files as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Maspalio View Post
    Of course, feel free to edit the files as you wish.
    Salut, merci pour le travail accompli !

Tu as utilisé quelle méthode pour mettre à jour tout ça ?

Thread Information