STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizzle View Post
    I played about 4 sessions here

Each week we hemorrhaged players and due to the party composition being primarily droids(who are great as PC's but not able to lead the pbp) I tried to carry the pbp through the week to the point where my PC had set up plans to return to the starter planet and engage in an excavation, with the new players essentially being hired to fulfill roles, scout, pilot, etc

I stayed up until 5 am doing pbp RP to help introduce his RL friend to the game; I felt being the longest running organic PC I wanted to do everything I could to keep the game from falling apart, because it being my first game after searching for months for one I wanted to give my all.

This was a mistake, a massive, sad mistake

In the 4th session he DM invited several new players, none of who would have any actual motivation to do the task we set out to do, because again, we kept losing people and had to fill in spots, the new people came in, tried to steamroll every situation to the point where even the DM agreed they aren't good fits. I told him that it's his game and he can do what he wants though; after all I tried to do in helping to keep the game afloat he told me that I was maybe better fit for a game where the DM let me be the hero.

This after me speaking with the DM about the fact I have 7k hours online RP experience and value the growth in my characters, I was shocked at how quickly he would turn on someone.

So after trying to help keep the game afloat, I get insulted, he then turns and starts questioning my stability due to a concussion I had sustained and am still recovering from, again, insulting. I never insulted him or his game, never tore into him for being overbearing and essentially being the reason why week in and out we have a revolving door of players. I tried to stay within the story; he kept trying to introduce characters who have no motivation outside of the potential of a pay cheque and me questioning why they would be trying to assert themselves in a leadership position not knowing anything in regards to what had happened with the story and allowing them to essentially run ramshackle and again, needing to be replaced.

I kept it classy and decided to cut my losses, even though I was genuinely hurt due to the remarks and the loss of what I was hoping to be a home to play a fantastic system.

Within 2 days after that I found a forever home.

My advice? Keep looking and stay classy
    This guy quit because he was trying to dictate what happened in the story and when it did not materialize the way he wanted he got angry. Being used to video games, the oscillations in fortune associated with a live GM were too much for him. Sorry for the adversity. He also expected new players to kowtow to him and didn't want them to be equals, he wanted servants. He talks about the introduction of those characters and how those players were there for a paycheck? I introduced new PCs joining the group to make credits in an Edge of the Empire game. I poured time and attention into this guy and then he bailed 10 minutes into a session. Also his ego was insatiable and when he felt things were less than optimal he got quiet and let the other players solve the problem. But then again this was his first TTRPG.

Feel like if the game is not right for someone then it is in everyone's best interest to not continue. I am open about what is needed and try to vet people, but I have noticed that commo drops off sharply after an invite. It's not a job interview, if it is not for you then don't sign up. It's nothing personal. Game is full anyway and I am not going to use this forum any more.

Closing this thread for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information