DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Yeah, you'll get a better selection of folks. Among the many red flags in the above, the biggest for me was "The system allows for narrative suggestion if you roll Advantage or Triumph or use a Destiny point, but am not really sharing Narrative Control." FATE is literally a system designed around shared narrative control, it baffles me why you'd choose it and then throw out the only reason for it to exist, but suit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAllen View Post
    Yeah, you'll get a better selection of folks. Among the many red flags in the above, the biggest for me was "The system allows for narrative suggestion if you roll Advantage or Triumph or use a Destiny point, but am not really sharing Narrative Control." FATE is literally a system designed around shared narrative control, it baffles me why you'd choose it and then throw out the only reason for it to exist, but suit yourself.
    My point was that I take the player's suggested ideas and then implement them in the description but I don't pass pure description to the Players. I have had a lot of trouble with that in the past because it can lead to disagreements on what can be there and what isn't going to work. The Advantage and Triumph are interpretations of dice pool results and I can't find anything in the rules that says the players are allowed to dictate and directly describe what happens. Player: "For the two advantage can we say there is a fuel leak on one of the ship?" GM: "Sure that sounds cool. (describes the leak)"

That is the way I use it. Some people just let the players take over as a sort of Mini-GM in the use of those symbols, and that's cool for them, but it does not work for me.

As for the many red flags well I am sure it would be the same for me had I read your way of running your game, but it does not mean you are a bad GM. Just means that is what you need to have to have a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Archlyte View Post
    My point was that I take the player's suggested ideas and then implement them in the description but I don't pass pure description to the Players. I have had a lot of trouble with that in the past because it can lead to disagreements on what can be there and what isn't going to work. The Advantage and Triumph are interpretations of dice pool results and I can't find anything in the rules that says the players are allowed to dictate and directly describe what happens. Player: "For the two advantage can we say there is a fuel leak on one of the ship?" GM: "Sure that sounds cool. (describes the leak)"

That is the way I use it. Some people just let the players take over as a sort of Mini-GM in the use of those symbols, and that's cool for them, but it does not work for me.

As for the many red flags well I am sure it would be the same for me had I read your way of running your game, but it does not mean you are a bad GM. Just means that is what you need to have to have a good game.
    Oh without a doubt! I don't know if I've ever met someone that was so diametrically opposed to my style. Now that you've put your cards on the table I hope you have better luck, sounds like you've had a rough run.

Throwing my hat back into the ring. My original post didn’t list Friday nights, but now Friday nights work for me and I can be available consistently for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAllen View Post
    Oh without a doubt! I don't know if I've ever met someone that was so diametrically opposed to my style. Now that you've put your cards on the table I hope you have better luck, sounds like you've had a rough run.
    Thanks man, all the best to you

I played about 4 sessions here

Each week we hemorrhaged players and due to the party composition being primarily droids(who are great as PC's but not able to lead the pbp) I tried to carry the pbp through the week to the point where my PC had set up plans to return to the starter planet and engage in an excavation, with the new players essentially being hired to fulfill roles, scout, pilot, etc

I stayed up until 5 am doing pbp RP to help introduce his RL friend to the game; I felt being the longest running organic PC I wanted to do everything I could to keep the game from falling apart, because it being my first game after searching for months for one I wanted to give my all.

This was a mistake, a massive, sad mistake

In the 4th session he DM invited several new players, none of who would have any actual motivation to do the task we set out to do, because again, we kept losing people and had to fill in spots, the new people came in, tried to steamroll every situation to the point where even the DM agreed they aren't good fits. I told him that it's his game and he can do what he wants though; after all I tried to do in helping to keep the game afloat he told me that I was maybe better fit for a game where the DM let me be the hero.

This after me speaking with the DM about the fact I have 7k hours online RP experience and value the growth in my characters, I was shocked at how quickly he would turn on someone.

So after trying to help keep the game afloat, I get insulted, he then turns and starts questioning my stability due to a concussion I had sustained and am still recovering from, again, insulting. I never insulted him or his game, never tore into him for being overbearing and essentially being the reason why week in and out we have a revolving door of players. I tried to stay within the story; he kept trying to introduce characters who have no motivation outside of the potential of a pay cheque and me questioning why they would be trying to assert themselves in a leadership position not knowing anything in regards to what had happened with the story and allowing them to essentially run ramshackle and again, needing to be replaced.

I kept it classy and decided to cut my losses, even though I was genuinely hurt due to the remarks and the loss of what I was hoping to be a home to play a fantastic system.

Within 2 days after that I found a forever home.

My advice? Keep looking and stay classy

I got removed from the game for not responding to a discord message within six hours during the weekend.

I think someone who can dedicate time to this game will get a lot of enjoyment back for their investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutwo View Post
    I got removed from the game for not responding to a discord message within six hours during the weekend.

I think someone who can dedicate time to this game will get a lot of enjoyment back for their investment.
    Recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzle View Post
    Recently?
    Yesterday.

Yikes

Like...you deserve to have 6 hours with your family, sorry man, sure you'll find a game out there

Thread Information