DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I am looking to play a SW game. I have rapidly acquired a bunch of SW books, since last fall. I am in EST time zone, but I am a 3rd shifter now. Open to weekends!
    NinkasiNinja

Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (-5 GMT)
    Games desired: Star Wars FFG, D&D5e, AD&D, Patfinder 3.5, Cyberpunk, Vampire, Heroes Unlimited, Rifts

Don't bother with this if he doesn't get his way he throws a fit

Which system are you using on FG as I can't find the packs for FFG in the store or have you homebrewed everything in FG?

FG License: Full

Time Zone: EST

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday evenings.

Term: Short or Long. I prefer to find a long-term, dedicated group.

Voice: I have used several voice chat programs for years.

Game System Preferred: Any really, as long as the stories are interesting and the group is fun.

Game System Experience: Many years of D&D 3.5 through 5e, Pathfinder, and various Star Wars pen and paper from the d6 all the way to Fantasy Flight Games' pretty dice. I also played a MUD for years called Achaea, a game where, in game terms, speaking out of character was considered insanity. If you openly and repeatedly spewed insanity and ignored warnings from other players long enough, eventually a God (a Moderator) would turn the offending insane person into a shrubbery. Good times.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: About a year.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing a wide variety of characters and always have backups prepared just in case. I keep a folder full of character ideas and concepts I use as inspiration for NPCs that my players will run across or if I need to pull something out of nowhere on the spot.

About me: 33, male, two kids. I feel like a lot of what I would put here is in the "Character Type Preferred" section. I am just a laid back nerd from the Midwest who enjoys hanging out with other like minded people in fantasyland. I am just as at home in the thick of an intense tactical combat as I am roleplaying an evening at a high society gala.

User made ruleset for FG.
    NinkasiNinja

Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (-5 GMT)
    Games desired: Star Wars FFG, D&D5e, AD&D, Patfinder 3.5, Cyberpunk, Vampire, Heroes Unlimited, Rifts

Quote Originally Posted by IanAdams06 View Post
    Which system are you using on FG as I can't find the packs for FFG in the store or have you homebrewed everything in FG?
    You can find the ruleset and databases here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

It is a community made project, that is why it is not sold in the stores, and it is free of course, to download.

In posting for this game in several forums I had a space constraint, so my blurb was short. But MacAllen suggested I post the whole explanation/diatribe here to help filter. Thank you for that suggestion.

It is only a once a week live session (Fridays at 6:30pmPST) but there is a lot of communication and some Play by Post/Play by Chat that goes on. If you are ok with the others doing PbP and your character being off doing downtime stuff then great. But I have been having people get butthurt that others are playing a lot and they aren't/can't that is not what I am looking for.

I need players to do is recognize their lane: Intention and attempt to do things, thoughts and feelings of the character. The system allows for narrative suggestion if you roll Advantage or Triumph or use a Destiny point, but am not really sharing Narrative Control.

Star Wars Edge of the Empire. Character needs to be created from Core Rulebook, starting equipment from Core Rulebook. No Premade Characters, character has to be made w/GM

Oggdude's or wiki equipment is a no go. Starting equipment will be from Core Rulebook alone and has to be approved. Equipment is meticulously tracked and not hand-wavey. This means that a certain amount of looting is going to be a part of the game, but I ask the players to always be aware of Characterization (what you do tells us who your character is. If you act like a rapacious jerk,that is what your charcater is no matter what else you say).

The style of this game is like half traditional TTRPG, half Story/Character driven. I do gamey things like roll for loot and keep track of equipment, but I want the character to be a character, not an avatar of the player: a puppet that is basically the Player's toy for wish fulfillment alone.

I have no room for sociopath characters who cannot carry the protagonist role. The PCs are not a higher lifeform than the other NPCs as far as consideration of social consequences. I use a construct of "The Audience" to be an external objective consideration of how the character is coming off in the game, rather than having people kind of caught up in player tunnel-vision where they play their character in a sort of egocentric vacuum. This is a variation no don't be a ****, but with a more story-oriented bent.

Not into power gamers or munchkins. I have a player or two who is but they keep it from being an issue. I feel that is good enough. I get that progression and loot is great, but if it is why you play and only why you play then probably won't be a good fit.

If I say No I mean it and don't want to rehash it again unless I bring it back up. I really can't handle people whining or outright demanding stuff. If I have said "You need to get your gear from X, or we are doing X" and I feel the player is ignoring GM directives of this nature, it may result in removal from the game.

I have a particular view of the setting which is pretty orthodox. Mandalorian, Rogue One, Solo the original trilogy.

BANNED SPECIES LIST– Cannot be used as a Player Character: Barabel, Ewoks, Giant Stature Species (Dowutin, Herglic, Yuzzem), Jawas, Space Vampires, Trandoshan, Zeltron. There are more, but mainly it’s any race that is distractingly silly or so big and crazy that it is hard to accommodate them in story. Also races that are given some innate ability that is broken. NO SHORTY SPECIES.
    CLONE WARS – Unlike in the media, the Clone Wars was largely fought by biological beings on both sides and Palpatine did not engineer it so much as shrewdly manipulate existing pressures and movements. The Clones and the Droid Army were relatively low in number compared to the larger battle forces of each side.
    DROIDS – Droids are essentially slaves. They serve all the same story purposes as slave workers. Droids lack agency and therefore are not allowed. There is one droid in the game but that character will be the last PC droid in my games. It is too difficult to manage the constraints.

MULTICULTURALISM – A certain level of universal tolerance has been achieved by 20,000 years of so many species existing in close proximity. This does not mean that beings do not favor other beings who look and are of a similar physiology to their own race. Furthermore, some species are obviously from Predator stock where others are from Prey animal descendance. This makes for tension as one species is obviously an acceptable food source to the other.
    The Empire has taken advantage of the inherent distance between races as well as a galactic population advantage for humanity to promote its Human Supremacy agenda.
    In cities across the galaxy aliens and humans tend to divide a bit, and in alien quarters individual species will often have an enclave of their species.

SUBSPACE COMMUNICATIONS – (Hyper-Space Commo) Generally only works for the Empire or for planetary governments who can afford to buy the equipment and license it. It takes gigantic equipment both terrestrial and in space to generate and direct a hyperwave signal. Messages must come by physical transport, for the most part, so a datachip, a holo disc or a droid acting as a courier is required. Communicating with others therefore takes travel and planning. Messages can be delivered to mail terminals which a being can utilize with the right key code.
    TECHNOLOGY – The tech in Star Wars is supposed to be a combination of Analog, Digital, and Electro-Mechanical Super Technology. The technology is supposed to work without explanation for the most part. The exception is when characters need to discuss why something isn’t working and why the story needs it to be fixed. Tech is not worshipped in Star Wars, and the characters should typically be complacent about equipment doing what it is supposed to do.
    TECHNOLOGY IS NOT SUPPOSED TO ALLOW CHARACTERS TO SKIP STORY
    Characters cannot email an old man in the desert to tell him you found a droid who says it belongs to him. You cannot look up freighter tickets to Alderaan on the internet. Cause there is no internet. Slicers are NOT hackers.

THE HOLONET – The HoloNet is basically a newspaper. There are two basic types of HoloNet: Planetary (Local) and Galactic. The Galactic Holonet is a propaganda organ in the time of the Empire, and the nodes in each system (linked by subspace communication equipment) are tightly controlled by the Empire.
    In the time of the Old Republic the Galactic HoloNet was often a frenetic information-dense stream of stories, ads, and news, with some live programming.
    Local HoloNets can vary in content but will often have text stories that are written by what are called HoloTypes or Presenters. These individuals are essentially Reporters in the mien of a news reported of the newspaper variety. Planets that have a substantial population will have Imperial Censors who monitor the local HoloNet.
    WIFI – Does not exist in most cases. Radio telemetry is rare and relegated to special situations. Computers will not handshake to an external signal in most cases. The Electro-Mechanical outlet is the common interface, with a mechanical probe and actuator key called a scomp-link used to manipulate it.

THE FORCE – The main factor that dictates that Star Wars is not science fiction is the Fact that the Force exists and is essentially a magical spiritual layer of existence that is connected to the galaxy. Star Wars is not a materialist setting, it is a spiritually driven setting with two poles of good and evil that the enlightened characters are forced to recognize.
    • Under Imperial law the religion of the Force is illegal. It has been classified as an organization that fosters civil unrest.
    • No Midichloriens. Don’t bring them up if possible.
    • The idea of Grey Force users is not a thing that bears out under any kind of deep examination and is generally associated with wild elemental creatures and mad hermits.
    • Nobody knows how the Force works. It cannot be explained and anyone attempting to do so is lying about their knowledge. Do not try to use Newtonian explanations, or scientific explanations for the Force, it’s basically magic.
    • No Force Teleportation, or Super Speed, or other silly manifestations of Force Powers.
    • The Force is a rare ability. Generally characters can’t have it but if you do you have to buy it at Character Generation. A Force Sensitive character will have a larger story responsibility and as such will require Role-Play and dialogue.

JEDI – In the time of the Galactic Civil War (time period of the original saga) the Jedi are believed to be extinct. Anyone who is over 5 years old at the time of the formation of the Empire has heard of the Jedi. Some stances the public takes on the Jedi:
    • The Jedi had become hopelessly corrupt and power-seeking by the end of their time.
    • The Jedi were destroyed from within.
    • The Emperor exposed the Jedi plot and as such was attacked by them.
    • The Jedi wanted to invoke puritanical laws on the galaxy.
    By Imperial Law it is illegal to talk about the Jedi, except to report someone else of talking about or acting like a Jedi. Lightsabers are illegal contraband that have been traded on the black market for exorbitant sums by collectors.

Force Sensitive Characters have been a failure thus far as every player who has opted for it has done it purely for game-mechanic reasons. Force layer characters have a greater responsibility to story and characterization than non-force Sensitive characters.

BOUNTY HUNTING can be a very annoying profession: at least it is if one player wants to do it and builds his character so that if he is not hunting bounties he is pissed/sad/whatever. This goes for any character that is so specialized and vapid that they are a super needy one-trick pony (Smugglers, Slicers, etc.).

If you make a Bounty Hunter it needs to be like something he does sometimes, not his reason for living.

No voice changers.
    Last edited by Archlyte; February 15th, 2021 at 06:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenelson28 View Post
    Don't bother with this if he doesn't get his way he throws a fit
    This is absolutely correct and I agree. If I tell a player not to characterize your character as an antisocial type and they do it anyway I will kick them. The game is not for them and for mutual benefit it's better to part ways. I don't want to waste anyone's time when they could be having fun in a game that is right for them. I also don't want to get into a slagging contest so I just let it go, cause that doesn't benefit anyone. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Archlyte View Post
    This is absolutely correct and I agree. If I tell a player not to characterize your character as an antisocial type and they do it anyway I will kick them. The game is not for them and for mutual benefit it's better to part ways. I don't want to waste anyone's time when they could be having fun in a game that is right for them. I also don't want to get into a slagging contest so I just let it go, cause that doesn't benefit anyone. Life is too short.
    Seconded.

DM's reserve the right to boot anyone for any reason they see fit; if someone isn't working out at their table and it bothers the DM enough, they have that right to remove a player. DM makes the rules, and sets the conditions.

I reposted the OP so that it has all the details in it. There is one spot open currently if we are a match for your tastes.

Thread Information