• Arcana Evolved

2 5.71%
  • Post Apocalyptic Fantasy Hoembrew

2 5.71%
  • Spelljammer as per Polyhedron Magazine

0 0%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... Last

[FULL] New Tuesday nights Campaign [PST]

The hours will be 7:30pm to 11pm on Tuesdays.

As for settings I offer these options:

• Forgotten Realms
    • Arcava Evolved
    • Ptolus
    • Dragonlance
    • Fantasy Post-Apocalyptic Home brew
    • Spelljammer as per Polyhedron Magazine.

Please voice your interest here, we'll go from there.

I am a total newbie to FG, and I am using v2.

About the campaign, it obviously depends on the setting chosen, but I can tell you this:

• Campaign will have a heathly doses of combat and role playing.
    • 28 Point buy.
    • No cheese allowed.
    • Characters with well developed backgrounds are required.
    • Characters to start each session with 4 action points.
    • Character has to pick a virtue (generous, courageous, confident, etc) and a vice (paranoid, absent minded, impatient, etc), when you role play accordingly you will be rewarded.
    • If playing D&D:

• Books allowed: PHB, PHB2, Spell Compendium, Magic Item Compendium. The Expanded Psionics Handbook and Psionics Handbook are also allowed unless we're playing in Dragonlance.
    • Other classes allowed: Swashbuckler, Scout, Warlock, Warmage. Favored Soul. If playing Dragonlance then all 3.5 Dragonlance books are allowed as well. If playing Forgotten Realms then FRCS and the PGtF will also be allowed.
    • If Playing Arcana Evolved:

• Books Allowed: Arcana Evolved, Transcendence, Mystic Secrets, Spell Treasury.
    Last edited by DragonBelow; June 5th, 2007 at 17:53.

I'll throw my hat in for an FR game. I'd like to play a Druid (Shifter) from the PHB II. My only question, is would you allow a slight modification to the forms? I'm working on altering that option for my campaign to allow druids to choose how much to increase their strength or dexterity by.

For example, instead of a flat +4 strength for Predator form, the druid gets two shifter points. Each shifter point can be used to increase strength or dexterity by two points. In effect, it's the same thing, just gives the druid a little more flexibility.

Thanks NymTevlyn, doesn't sound like that modification would be problem.

Hi Dragon,

I would be interest. Forgotten Realms is my vote but only because that is what I am most familiar with. Character-wise a lean toward finesse fighter types but I'm certainly open to other things. Please keep me in mind and let me know what details you would need.

Thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmhrivnak
    Hi Dragon,

I would be interest. Character-wise a lean toward finesse fighter types but I'm certainly open to other things. Please keep me in mind and let me know what details you would need.

Thanks,

John
    John, What setting are you interested in?

Count me interested as well in a Forgotten Realms game. Although I'd be willing to give the others a try but I'm not familiar with any of them except for Dragonlance.

I am very new to Fantasy Grounds... in fact just got the program within the last week.

As for the type of character I would play, I'd like to play a sorcerer or maybe a wizard straight up, although I might multi-class him with a level or two of fighter so he has a modicum of health. I'm fine with playing a different type of class as well depending on what the party needs.

My timezone is PST so Tuesdays at 7:30 would be perfect.

Also, just curious but what do you mean by action points? I have no idea what you meant by that.

Action Points is a mechanic used to help boost rolls in important situations, but they can also be used for other effects. You can read about Action Points here:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/a...tionPoints.htm

The only difference is that you would start each session with a fixed number of Action Points (4).

Thanks Dragon.

That makes sense.

I've played in table top dnd games where the DM has allowed such a house rule in his game as well. I think he called them hero points.

Looks like you beat me to editing my original post. I usually play in FR or homebrew campaigns, so I am most familiar with FR. Honestly, FR and DL are the only ones I really know much about. SO... my vote would be for FR but I would not be opposed to playing somewhere else.

Thanks, John

So far FR seems to be the most popular setting so I will reveal a few details about the campaign if it's set there, it will be a Moonsea based campaign. Keep in mind that I am not a FR sage by any means, far from it actually, so don't expect me to know everything about the setting.

So far we seem to have:

Druid (Nym)
    Sorceror or Wizard (inexorable)
    Light Infantry (jmhrivnak)

Nym, just FYI, initially the campaign will be mostly Urban/Underdark but I will try to include a fair bit of outdoors.

Thread Information