DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for players to join (mid-stage-ish) campaign - Out of the Abyss 5e - EST Wknd

I am no longer looking for players to this campaign for now - if I need to recruit once more, I shall update this thread. Thank you all for your interest.

Due to story events in the campaign, I feel that I will be able to introduce more players without much of a hitch.

The starting level will be level 9 (same as the party), and I will be using the linked below table to determine starting gear for the new people (though I will grant new equipment at my discretion).
    https://orkerhulen.dk/DnD%205th/Star...r%20levels.pdf

Pertinent information (at the top, of course.):

Sundays (though sometimes Saturdays) - 2:00 PM EST / 19:00 UTC
    Voice: Discord
    Client: Fantasy Grounds Classic (I have the ultimate edition, so you would only need the demo to play).
    Twitch or other streaming / recording: No

A couple of things I would like to point out:

1) If you are new to Fantasy Grounds, let me know - I generally prefer to try to get newly joining players set up before game day, and if you need pointers on either 5E rule sets and/or Fantasy Grounds usage, I am more than happy to help. I should generally be able to boot the server up for you to make a character so long as we can agree on a mutual time / date.

2) I allow multi-classing in my campaign so long as you meet the prerequisites per the Player's Handbook (13 in a given stat).

3) I will use Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, BUT (and it is a big one), I will not allow the switching of subclasses once you pick it. Artificers are also not a thing in this campaign. The reason for this is because I feel that the choices you make as a player should have both meaning, and consequence. As for the Artificer matter, I feel that they're more suited to a relatively more high-tech setting like Ravnica and Eberron.

4) I am using other supplements as well! 1) Of Warlocks and Patrons for additional patron choices, invocations, etc. 2) Kobold Press' Deep Magic for 5E because I have felt that the player's spell selection was always a bit lacking. 3) I am also running the Tome of Monsters 1 and 2 from Kobold Press, along with several other publications that are not strictly Wizards of the Coast (whom I am also using). I mention this in case one might think it a deal breaker for any who might be opposed to the use of third party supplements.

With that being said - here are the rules I've pinned on my discord, which I shall make visible for transparency:

1) Players may start with one feat (variant humans get 2) on character creation.

2) Multi-classing: You will be able to multi-class into a new class. As for at character creation: You may multiclass into any class you want as long as you meet the prerequisite of 13 in a required stat going into and leaving from a given class (wisdom for Druid and Cleric, Charisma for Paladins, Sorcerers, and Warlocks, Strength for Barbarians and Fighters, Intelligence for Wizards, and so on). Example: You start as a Fighter 1 - you decide to become a cleric 1 and a warlock 1. To get all this: You need to have 13 strength to leave fighter, 13 wisdom to go into and leave from Cleric, and 13 Charisma to go into and leave from Warlock into a new class (but not for putting more levels into the other two classes).

3) I will not be using the attainment of advantage on flanking attacks. No advantage on flanking attacks unless you are a rogue who has not used their sneak attack yet.

4) You can multi-class on character creation, and can continue in each of those classes after creation.

5) Character Creation shall use the following rules: Roll 4d6 7 times, drop the lowest roll out of the 4d6, and drop the lowest result of the 7 rolls.

6) Alternatively, you can use Standard Array if you are not satisfied with your rolls (if you have a total net-negative for your stat modifiers, you may re-roll once, and if not satisfied still, can use Standard Array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)

7) Prohibited Materials (they won't be available for you to load): Unearthed Arcana, Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, and anything related to Eberron or another Plane of Existence - this is Forgotten Realms. (DM's addition in this post: I've also learned that some of the spells granted by the guilds can be pretty busted when used on a Warlock - fun stuff though!).

8) I would like for the players to state their intentions behind making a roll. For instance, if you want to investigate something, try to persuade someone, or what have you, please declare your intentions BEFORE the roll is made. If a roll is made without declaring one's intentions behind the roll BEFOREHAND, the roll will be discarded. The reason behind this rule implementation is because I am finding that trying to adjudicate undeclared rolls is becoming disruptive.

Though I've not listed it on my discord rules, I would like to add a few other additional points:

- If a player comes up with something reasonably creative, I am pro-rule of cool. However, to balance rule of cool with rule of practicality, I will use a d100 to adjudicate the matter - on a roll of 1-50 your idea, attempt, plan fails. on a roll of 51-100, it succeeds! By leaving it up to the dice to decide, I give my players the freedom to try to make the game "theirs" - as you have a 50/50 chance, and the d100 is never modified (for or against you).

If you've made it to the bottom of this post, and are still interested, feel free to PM me!
    Last edited by Auron Starglider; January 4th, 2021 at 21:17.

Hello, my name is Scott, and i would be interested in Joining your game. I am pretty new to 5e and fantasy ground but played many many years from 1st ed. thru 3.5. I do have FGU ultimate license and most of the official supplements. I have almost 250 hours into learning FGU and 5e so i am pretty comfortable with how everything works and 5e, I just have not actually played as of yet. I don't think the higher starting level would be a big issue for me, and i pick things up pretty quickly. I appreciate your consideration and i hope to hear back from you. My Discord is Kurrgen#8683.

FANTASTIC! Thank you for your interest! A PM has been sent!

I am still looking for a few more players.
    Last edited by Auron Starglider; January 3rd, 2021 at 21:03.

Hi! I'm currently looking for a group to join. I've been playing 5e for a few years now, currently DM'ing for my usual group, so I'd be able to join another campaign for at least a couple months.

Thank you for your interest, Mike! I have sent you a PM. I look forward to discussing the details with you.

Thread Information