DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Trying to install FREE version of FGU -- license key issue

First I gotta ask it sorry -- why do you guys force a license key for a free product? If you will say "well its so when you make purchases it associates to your account"...you can't do all that with just the account user name?

Anyway that aside.... I made a second account for the sole purpose of testing. I log in with the second one to see the player perspective so to speak. I made the second account like 2 years ago.

First time testing with FGU with this test account. I downloaded the free FGU client and it installed without issue -- my username and password are correct but the road block is its prompting for a valid license key. I don't have a license key for this I don't remember EVER having a license key for the free version.

I thought if I logged in to this website (fantasygrounds.com), like I can do on my main account, I'd just click on "Store" -> "Order History" and it would show me the license. It doesn't.

In summary:

• Installed Free version client for FGU
    • NEVER at ANYPOINT did it give me a license key number
    • For S&G's I logged in with the Free FGU account user name to check story history -- no license key listed at all.
    • How can I enter a license key when your system/product/etc. NEVER gave me one in the first place?

So how do I get past this?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    License keys are not required for free accounts. Forum usernames are. A second username to use so you can see a player view is not necessary, just start a second instance and connect to your hosted game.

If you are unable to just complete/ok/done the setup without entering a license key, then something is wrong because that is not required. Please post a screen show and the installer.log file so that we can give specific advice.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This can be deleted or closed. It wouldn't like me proceed BEFORE I typed my original post , a windows update was applied (it was on my laptop that I didn't use in a while so apparently it had a pile of updates to run through) . I rebooted it - due to the need to do such with the updates. Came back up for S & G's I just clicked "ok" at the license prompt for FGU and it just closed the box and continued. I don't shy from mistakes so I wanted to post this -- my apologies apparently something odd happened on the laptop -- because it seems on the free product it doesn't require a key after all. Thanks.

Thread Information