DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Pirates of Drinax wish list and play aids

So as MBM is going to tackle PoD in the nearish future I thought I'd start a thread with some handy play aids for PoD.

1). I made a map of the Trojan Reach and charted most of the adventures (with their requisite planet stops) from PoD, PoD Companion & as many of the third party TAS adventures set in the Trojan Reach as I could find.

I count over 30 adventures in total, if you know of any adventures set in the Trojan Reach that I missed please let me know!

Note 1: some of the adventures do not specify the course PCs must take between encounters, that's why there are some long straight paths that skip over intervening systems.
    Note 2: adventures that occur within a single system are marked in dark blue.
    Note 3: adventures from the Sindal Rumors PoD section are indicated in red.
    Note 4: multi-leg adventures/ campaigns are denoted by using the same colors (example: Tktk Convergence and Iron Spine).

PoD Campaign Map.png

2). I ran across a google spreadsheet someone built to track system relations with Drinax (an important aspect of PoD) as well as many of the other fiddly bits that PoD requires the PCs and GM to track.

It's probably overkill but imho having some way to track things like Standing, Assets, Factions, Piracy Response etc. would be very helpful.

Original COTI thread: https://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Di...ad.php?t=34341

Original COTI excel sheet (not as complete as other versions) https://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Di...8&d=1430876958

Google sheets version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(NOTE: these spreadsheets are not my work!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adzling; January 11th, 2021 at 16:23.

Love the map

I am 12 sessions into running PoD and i totally agree having a way to track things would be a godsend.
    As it is we keep 2 google docs one the players keep track off and another i keep for Piracy Response, how various groups view them and any hostiles they manage to make as they roam around.

what adventures have you done in PoD so far?

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    So as MBM is going to tackle PoD in the nearish future I thought I'd start a thread with some handy play aids for PoD.

1). I made a map of the Trojan Reach and charted most of the adventures (with their requisite planet stops) from PoD, PoD Companion & as many of the third party TAS adventures set in the Trojan Reach as I could find.

I count over 30 adventures in total, if you know of any adventures set in the Trojan Reach that I missed please let me know!

Note 1: some of the adventures do not specify the course PCs must take between encounters, that's why there are some long straight paths that skip over intervening systems.
    Note 2: adventures that occur within a single system are marked in dark blue.
    Note 3: adventures from the Sindal Rumors PoD section are indicated in red.
    Note 4: multi-leg adventures/ campaigns are denoted by using the same colors (example: Tktk Convergence and Iron Spine).

PoD Campaign Map.png

2). I ran across a google spreadsheet someone built to track system relations with Drinax (an important aspect of PoD) as well as many of the other fiddly bits that PoD requires the PCs and GM to track.

It's probably overkill but imho having some way to track things like Standing, Assets, Factions, Piracy Response etc. would be very helpful.

See here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1678454214

Note: If you want to edit it you will first have to copy it to your google account.

Update: here's the original thread in coti from the creators-
    https://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Di...ad.php?t=34341
    Hi Adzling,

That map and resources are great. The Drixanian Companion has notes on keeping your favour with factions, but that spreadsheet is ace.

PoD should be completed end of this month, book 1 is almost done as a reference manual/data, but needs the Adventures splitting into their own module. Book 2 is well underway and with the recent Character Sheet updates (coming) we have Territory for Aslan it allows me to finish that book.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

what adventures have you done in PoD so far?
    We started with Marooned on Marduk and Gods of Marduk i tied those together with Drinax they were searching for a downed Harrier vessel
    and needed the scanning equipment from the science vessel in Gods to find it. They were great to get people into the system.

After that we did First Prize from the Drinax Companion. After that they roamed around free for about 6 sessions including one whole weekend

Then Honor Among thieves and they have just started the first part of Shadows of Sindal.

cool thanks Ramid sounds like you had a good idea on how to combine the marduk adventures and acquisition of the harrier!

As Drinax revolves around piracy i find myself using the Finding prey rules from the Drinax vol 1. Usually its no trouble if i know what systems my players are heading through but sometimes they surprise me and head of someplace else

i have often wondered if its possible to tie together a table in FG like the Finding Prey encounter table and roll the various tables Prey, Morale Encounter Distance and timing, Prey Quirks and Cargo and deposit it in Battles ?

No clue if this is even possible just a idea

I made a map of the Trojan Reach and charted most of the adventures (with their requisite planet stops)
    This is excellent, but would be easier to use if it were flat.

I count over 30 adventures in total
    Do we have a list of all the adventures, and other sources, that could be utilised when running PoD?

You may think that but it ends up worse due to the large amount of dead space the map would have (note how far Coreward the Game of Sun & Shadow goes).
    You should use this with Travellermap to get the most out of it.

You can find almost all the adventures listed on the map above.

Thread Information