FG Spreadshirt Swag

Modules in order?

Hi all, getting Traveller 2 while it's discounted. We used to play the original Traveller 30ish (I think) years ago so looking forwards to it.

Has anyone got any insight on what would be a good order to play the modules?

I'm thinking of starting with High and Dry so that the travellers get a ship, but what next after that?

Or maybe run another module before High and Dry?

I started with Marches Adventure 1: High and Dry myself. If you want to play what is currently published on FG, which is what I did, then I would recommend Reach Adventure 1: Marooned in Marduk as the second module and just run the Reach series from there.

As a mechanism to relocate my Travellers on their Scout ship I used one of my player's Navy connections and got them on a military X-boat(I described it as a spaceship carrier) with their ship docked from the Sword Worlds subsector to the Sindal subsector. (I think Flammarion to Albe)

Also, I believe the campaign "Pirates of Drinax" is in the FG development pipeline. Once you are relocated to the Reach Adventure series your group will be near the part of space to pick up on that campaign.

Hope that helps

-Greg

Thanks, I'd thought of Marooned in Marduk too simply because I liked the looks of it. I hadn't thought of it logically as you did.

Seth Skorkowsky does some good reviews of High and Dry and Marduk on his YouTube channel.

i started our table with high and dry but replaced the scout with a modified 200 ton far trader that the team had taken shares in.

Then they transited (we rp'd trading and jumps) down to Pax Rulin where we picked up the Last Flight of Amuar.

Playing the long transit between High n Dry and Pax Rulin was a good call because that session taught the players about trade, jump travel and starship operations so by they time they got to Pax they were now a crew.

Last Flight was a great second adventure as it eased them into things, reinforcing what they learned of starship operations in that long transit down to Pax.

They are now on Homestead doing BT-SHT 365 after which they will continue their journey towards Drinax (one of the PCs is a noble of Drinax) where we will finally start PoD.

But most likely they will end up Marooned on Marduk en route to Drinax ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    Hi all, getting Traveller 2 while it's discounted. We used to play the original Traveller 30ish (I think) years ago so looking forwards to it.

Has anyone got any insight on what would be a good order to play the modules?

I'm thinking of starting with High and Dry so that the travellers get a ship, but what next after that?

Or maybe run another module before High and Dry?
    I've run the following in this order
    1. Marooned on Marduk- helped to establish the Marduk area as a base of operations and introducing the party to GeDeCo and the inhabitants of Marduk. Sequed perfectly into the next module.
    2. Theories of Everything- additional time in the Marduk sector. A gentle introduction to general spacecraft operations- jumps, orbit, in-system transits. Also helped to make additional connections (and an enemy or two). I used the bio-weapon mentioned as a hook to connect the players to the next adventure.
    3. High n'Dry- We're about to start this one. I'm getting the players to transit to the next planet via low-berth (they can upgrade if they want to pay for it) while working undercover for the imperium and Scout service to reacquire the High n' Dry.
    Not sure what direction we're going to go in next, but it's been a blast so far!

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll use all the suggestions in some way.

I think I've decided to go High and Dry as my first pre written adventure but will probably do a couple of mini scenarios to get the players used to the system.

I'll also possibly use adzling's idea of the Far Trader in place of the scout.

Thread Information