5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Script Error: scripts/manager_portal2

Hi there and Happy New Year!!

I search the forums and could not find someone else who has had the same error message, so I am reaching out to ask the experts what this message may entail.

I am currently making my own 5E campaign within fantasy Grounds classic.

I am making encounters with with the Monster Manual, Volo's Guide, Mordenkainen, etc. open for my NPCs in the campaign.
    I have downloaded and added the grids for my battle map then placed the NPCs to the map.

After I have added the NPCs to the battle map and then close the new encounter window I get this error:

Script Error: [string"script/manager_portal2.lua"]:230: attempt to index local 'fndNode' [a nil value].

Does anyone have an idea what this may be?

I am running other campaigns within Fantasy Grounds with the same extensions loaded and I never get this error. I have also recently, this morning, updated my Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks in advance for your help!

As with any errors, turn off your extensions and try to replicate the error again. The error presented does list a file that isn't in the core 5e ruleset. It looks like an extension issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Welcome to the FG forums.

The script file referenced in the the error (script/manager_portal2.lua) is not a standard file. Therefore, this error appears to be caused by an extension. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the file so not sure which extension it comes from.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Superteddy,

So were you able to determine what the file was by the Script manager reference? In this case Portals2? Portals 2 is an extension I do have on, so I will try this.. It does work for my other campaigns, but maybe I need to turn it "on" within this campaign.

I will try both and let you know!

Thanks for the quick response.

Thank you both Superteddy and Trenloe.

You were correct. It was the Portals extension that I had 'Checked' to include for this campaign.

As I mentioned to you both in my earlier response, I am using the Portals extension in other campaigns and it works there. For the time being however, I do not need the portals extension in this one, so I have not included it and now everything works better. I now also know how to read and understand these errors better when they do come up.

Thanks guys!

Thread Information