DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 89 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by joeslucher View Post
    Fifth Edition Foes
    Golem,Stone Guardian stat block has damage resistances under Flame Breath action description rather than under damage resistances. Also, I assume a Stone Guardian doesn't actually have Flame Breath.
    I'll let the developer know; thanks for the report.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Since my last update yesterday I am seeing this in the log:

[6/13/2021 8:03:50 AM] [ERROR] Unable to load vault file (modules/DD Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden (GM)/images/Through the Forest.jpg) from product (WOTC5EROTF)
    [6/13/2021 8:03:50 AM] [ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/DD Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden (GM)/images/Through the Forest.jpg) (*)

I did check and revert the module and did another update just now, but with the same results.

I'm not seeing this. Can you try deleting the file WOTC5EROTF.dat from the vault folder and do another update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK that solved the issue for me, thanks. Not sure why this happened now, was working fine in last week's game.

The Earth, Fire & Water Elemental Myrmidons in D&D Princes of the Apocalypse have the wrong heading in their notes. It says Air Elemental Myrmidon instead of the correct elemental type.

Quote Originally Posted by SmudgeTheIgnored View Post
    The Earth, Fire & Water Elemental Myrmidons in D&D Princes of the Apocalypse have the wrong heading in their notes. It says Air Elemental Myrmidon instead of the correct elemental type.
    Thanks for pointing that out; I'll add it to my list.

I encountered strange behavior in a couple of Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden maps. Specifically, the first two maps (Command Level and Ice Gate Level) in the Sunblight Chapter.

It seems that there's a hidden layer or layers that are preventing the ambient lighting from working correctly. I was changing the lighting in it - adding a low level reddish ambient light, and removing the preplaced lights on the map.

Strangely, the ambient lighting is confined to the bottom part of the maps (outside the structure in the map). This persists even if you delete all LoS points and have a blank map. The remainder of the map that can be lit by ambient lighting follows the line of the LoS data, even when it's been deleted. Inside the fortress, players cannot see anything (except for one character with Darkvision, which works fine), because it is dark - there are no lights, and the ambient light doesn't cover the whole map.

I have everything set to on except except for token lock.

Note, what I was trying to do works fine on the third map in the series. I have not checked other than the three maps associated with Sunblight in Chapter 3.

Here's a picture: No LoS; players without Darkvision cannot see inside the fortress. Ambient lighting is confined to the bottom of the map.

You can change the color of the ambient lighting, and it updates in real time:

And, as you can see, Darvkision works just fine for the Dwarven player:

So, something strange about these two maps.

Here's the Forge level map - I set the ambient lighting, removed the original light sources (as I did with the other two maps), and added a cloud effect (smoky fortress). Everyone can see just fine. LoS data is still on here.

And with LoS removed:

Thanks, hope someone can take a look at this. No problems like this on maps in other campaigns I'm running. The pictures were taken in a fresh campaign with the most recent live version of the game and NO extensions. Rime is the only module loaded. Characters are imported from another campaign.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; June 15th, 2021 at 21:21.

Ambient lighting is usually only added for outside areas. If the map has outside and inside areas then you don't want the outside ambient light in the inside areas. So a mask is placed around any areas which shouldn't have ambient light. This is what you are seeing. So if you want ambient lighting inside you'll need to remove the ambient light mask which you can see on the map since it's gray as opposed to the area which is lit with ambient light. To remove the mask go to the lighting menu and then click on ambient light and then click on the remove mask icon. You will then be able to have ambient lighting over the entire map.

See video eighteen here to see how ambient lighting works https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, Zacchaeus.

I've watched that video before.

This is the first time I’ve run into a mask placed on a map this way.

I didn't even think that a mask would be applied based on what someone else might think I need for a map, and didn't check the mask.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; June 15th, 2021 at 22:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    Thanks, Zacchaeus.

I've watched that video before.

I didn't even think that a mask would be applied based on what someone else might think I need for a map, and didn't check the mask.

Cheers!
    Applying lighting to any map would be down to the developer and what the story says the lighting is (if it says anything at all). So that may not be exactly what you would want or desire, but obviously we can't produce stuff that will make everyone happy.

Thread Information