STAR TREK 2d20

My plans for Traveller in 2021

Hi Folks,

It's been one heck of a year in 2020. Not just what's going on in the real world with Covid, Elections, Brexit and all the other jazz, but with the progress SmiteWorks have made with FGU.

During 2020 both Central Supply Catalogue and High Guard have been released, along with all the Reach Adventures, plus some of the Referee's Briefings and the Spinward Marches books.... at this time there are 17 official products plus a few from Jon Brazer Enterprises. We've also had a dozen major ruleset updates along with a few minor/hotfix updates as well.

I get more comments from folks using FGU than FGC now, so whilst it pains me a little (FGC has a much better console than FGU) I'll be switching to FGU as first port of call for all new dev from February. All updates will be tested in FGC so nothing to worry about for FGC only players.

So what will 2021 bring of us all with Traveller?

Who knows to be honest, but this is my thinking around books etc. The aim is to complete work already done and then try and keep up with new releases.

1. Complete Pirates of Drinax, and follow that release with Companion and Shadows of Sindal to follow.
    2. Bring Deepnight Endeavour to FG post PoD.
    3. Sword Worlds and Skandersvik
    4. Traveller Companion
    5. Aliens Vol 1 and 2

That's a lot of content, but what about the ruleset?

Regular updates, approx one major update every 4-6 weeks, along with minor updates. The focus is primarily on High Guard automation, though as always, updates for Core rulebook rules and CSC are added over time. The forum has a conversion about Tactics and Leadership in CT at the moment.

Get involved. You want something, ask. Only official Mongoose Traveller rules can be added in the ruleset, but there's nothing wrong with an extension, and if we all agree and it 'fits' with Mongoose it can be added. I have high hopes for some Trade Goods and trading system...

So folks, let's look forward to 2021 and pick up the content that interests you!

Have a wonderful 2021!

All the best,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hey MBM,
    I have attempted to add font support to MGT2 trav, I have used example code, added a single font, and had my extension work on FGU/Linux/5th Edition. BUT, nothing I try works with MGT2 in the same configuration. When I ask in the dev forums, on the discord etc, they either move my question back to the Traveller threads, or say that I need to speak to you.
    It appears your implementation of the ruleset is missing something in the implementation of fonts/languages in the chat interface.
    Can you post an example extension that adds a single font to the MGT2 system?
    From there, we can do the rest.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Dalton

Our table approves your dev schedule ;-)

We are about to start PoD and SoS and are interested in using some elements of the companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Hey MBM,
    I have attempted to add font support to MGT2 trav, I have used example code, added a single font, and had my extension work on FGU/Linux/5th Edition. BUT, nothing I try works with MGT2 in the same configuration. When I ask in the dev forums, on the discord etc, they either move my question back to the Traveller threads, or say that I need to speak to you.
    It appears your implementation of the ruleset is missing something in the implementation of fonts/languages in the chat interface.
    Can you post an example extension that adds a single font to the MGT2 system?
    From there, we can do the rest.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Dalton
    I find it odd they say it's something to do with MGT2, it's possible but I can't say for sure. Attach your extension here and I'll look into it. I do know that Languages/fonts only work on new Campaigns if they're added later.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the update MBM!

Hi there, MadBeardMan. I'm guessing this is all for 2E, yes? Will there be anything else in the pipe for 1E, or are we strictly homebrew at this point? Thanks much for ALL of your hard work, I'm just trying to decide what to invest where, eh? I've purchased what there is for 1E Traveller already...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbitzilla View Post
    Hi there, MadBeardMan. I'm guessing this is all for 2E, yes? Will there be anything else in the pipe for 1E, or are we strictly homebrew at this point? Thanks much for ALL of your hard work, I'm just trying to decide what to invest where, eh? I've purchased what there is for 1E Traveller already...
    Hi Cabbitzilla,

Yes as Mongoose want me to focus purely on 2E for the moment, rather than thinly across two versions. Though major bugs etc will get fixed.

Cheers,
    MBM

Ah hah! Makes perfect sense. Once my eBay bids settle out I'll see what's left to start buying 2E product, then. Thank you, MBM.
    Last edited by Cabbitzilla; January 5th, 2021 at 23:21.

Sadly, no 2300 AD 2e on the list
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Sadly, no 2300 AD 2e on the list
    Indeed, as it's 2300AD and not Traveller, so wait - still being told mid-year for when I can jump on it.

Thread Information