DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is it possible to make a module that works in all rulesets?

The "definition.xml" file contains the name of the ruleset. Is it possible to make a module, say a help screen, that would work in any ruleset without having to edit that file and repackage the module? Is there maybe a generic tag you could put in the place of "d20" in that file?
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Probably not, but what you <i>can</i> do is leave the ruleset name as d20, and then anybody who wants to import that module while using a custom ruleset can modify their ruleset's base.xml file to include the following:

Code:
    <importinfo>
    <acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
    </importinfo>
    That way, anybody not using a custom ruleset can still use the default ruleset with their module (and therefore, their players won't have to download a ruleset they already have), and those who are using a custom ruleset can include the above code and make your module available to them.

Book Keeping Module

An interesting question when we are faced with so many games and game systems!

I imagine you might make a book keeping module that is about recording the most basic meta gaming data - Who is playing, What date, Experience given etc...

To be universal the module would have to be very basic to the player experience and not dependent on _any_ game system.

I think it would requre a serious level of modularization of the existing modules to create this meta layer.

Could be worthwhile if anyone ever uses FG for a convention though.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Petition to create a variable for "definition.xml" that will allow a module to be used in any ruleset without user intervention
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Thread Information