STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Update: lastest fix works like a charm! Just tested.

Thank you!

Hi chillhelm - is this going on the Forge?

Yes. This and my 2 other extensions are pending approval in the Forge. If you know who to bribe to speed that up, let me know.
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

Hello!

A While back I asked if you can add support for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, which you did

Unfortunately I asked for PFSW but officially now it is SWPF, so could you change this, thanks and sorry.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Love this extension.
    I do have one question though. The common tests such as Intimidate auto activates Spirit for the defense roll, Taunt activates Smarts, but whenever I choose a non-standard test, say Strength, or Athletics, I am not given any option for defense. It apparently doesn't recognize it as a test, even when there is an indicated target. Has this been changed from the original version in your opening explanation? The original explanation of the extension suggested there would be options for both opposing characters.

e.g. An arm wrestle would be Strength vs. Strength. Currently no options are given.

Caratacus

Perhaps I haven't worded it clearly. The defense trait is auto chosen by the system, and I don't see any way to change it. Maybe I'm missing something.
    For example if I wish to use Stealth against Notice to attempt to sneak up on someone, the system defaults to Agility (I imagine because Stealth is an Agility trait), and I can find no way to change it. The original description of this extension suggested the defense trait would be chosen, not dictated. It is still a useful tool, but would be far more so were the defense not fixed.

Please keep these awesome tools coming,

Caratacus

Hi Caratacus,

sorry for the late reply. This extension is not intended for general opposed rolls, but only Tests specifically.

From SWADE PDF p.110
    > Tests are resisted instinctively, so the “attacker’s” skill roll is opposed by the attribute it’s linked to.

I went with a vanilla implementation there. Same reason for not being able to do tests with pure Attributes. (The book doesn't provide for this).
    As a work around for non standard tests, you can have the character who is defending make the skill/attribute roll manually and then enter the result in the Defense box in the Test on the CT manually. The rest of the logic should apply with no problems.

Any idea when/if this will be available for Savage Pathfinder? It currently doesn't show up when loading Savage Pathfinder. Thanks!
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

chillhelm recently updated his extensions to work with PF SWADE. Manually run an FGU update. The extension updates don't register and highlight the update button like other updates do. That feature is still being worked on.
    If that doesn't solve it, delete the FastTests.ext file from the extensions folder then run the update. That will download the latest version.
    Sometimes the extension update gets stuck. (It did for me on this very extension.) The system still has a couple of kinks to work out, but they're doing a good job with it.

Thread Information