DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for an Extension

Are there any extensions that do the following?

1) Allow the creation an effect that rolls two dice and drops the lower result. (e.g., the dialogue command /die 2d6k1, but with a spell effect, like SKILL:2d6k1)
    2) Allow the use of dice bonuses for SAVE effects rather than just numbers. (e.g. SAVE:1d6)
    3) Do both of those things at the same time. (e.g., SAVE:2d6k1)

I've dug through what threads I can find, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm no programmer, and I think this is beyond my computer skills to do myself.

Kelrugem made an extension to apply the advantage/disadvantage trick from 5e for 3.5 & PF1 (as an adavantage, roll twice and use the highest, if as a disadvantage, roll twice and use lowest)... altough right now I don't remember the name (you should get it by browsing his "Kelrugem's extensions" thread, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by tjfosko View Post
    Are there any extensions that do the following?

1) Allow the creation an effect that rolls two dice and drops the lower result. (e.g., the dialogue command /die 2d6k1, but with a spell effect, like SKILL:2d6k1)
    2) Allow the use of dice bonuses for SAVE effects rather than just numbers. (e.g. SAVE:1d6)
    3) Do both of those things at the same time. (e.g., SAVE:2d6k1)

I've dug through what threads I can find, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm no programmer, and I think this is beyond my computer skills to do myself.
    Currently that does not exist. Something similar was discussed here.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Drat. I don't suppose anyone might be up for creating those functions?

Yeah, I have coded advantage and disadvantage But one must apply that effect directly before the roll; I want to add (dis)advantage stuff specific to certain effects, too, but I had no time to complete that yet, although it is straigthforward (see my link at the bottom)

And yes, the new macros do not work with effects, for that one must rewrite that stuff, I tried it once but I have no idea how. I am not really sure how those new macro things work, and how one should proceed them to let FGU recognize them (I know of some new argument, .expr, for those rolls, but I do not really know how to use that)

That is completely beyond me. I wish I could do it myself. I have three IT professionals in my group, but they simply don't have the time to invest in creating an extension.

That is completely beyond me. I wish I could do it myself. I have three IT professionals in my group, but they simply don't have the time to invest in creating an extension.
    That extension by bmos does this:

Fickle Attack (Ex)
    Whenever you roll damage for a melee or ranged attack with a weapon or alchemical item, you can treat any natural 1s on the damage dice as if they were the highest possible number on those dice. You can select this ability up to three times. The second time you select it, treat 1s and 2s as the highest value. The third time, treat 1s, 2s, and 3s as the highest value.
    All we need is time, hehe.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Fortunately, I do have some time before I get Tenacious Inspiration and have true need of the "roll 2, drop 1" mechanic, we just hit 6th level and I won't get it till 14th. The inability to use dice for save bonuses more immediately affects me, and it baffles me as to why it isn't allowed in vanilla FGU.

Blog Entries
    Fortunately, I do have some time before I get Tenacious Inspiration and have true need of the "roll 2, drop 1" mechanic, we just hit 6th level and I won't get it till 14th. The inability to use dice for save bonuses more immediately affects me, and it baffles me as to why it isn't allowed in vanilla FGU.
    Its not "not allowed" its just not implemented. There are thousands of rules in Pathfinder and many of them are exceptions to rules and some are exceptions to exceptions. Time can be spent once only and time spent coding something that occurs only once in the rules is not well spent when there are other things that occur more frequently and need coding.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not "not allowed" its just not implemented. There are thousands of rules in Pathfinder and many of them are exceptions to rules and some are exceptions to exceptions. Time can be spent once only and time spent coding something that occurs only once in the rules is not well spent when there are other things that occur more frequently and need coding.
    That I understand, but there are many ways to add a die roll to a saving throw, not just the inspiration feature, and it just seems odd to include the option of die based bonuses for attacks and skills but not saves. Like I said, I'm no programmer, so maybe it's way more difficult than it seems to be to me to code for that. I would assume that there are similar bits of code addressing that for each type of roll and the code could be copied and pasted, but, again, I'm a lawyer not a programmer, so that may be a complete misunderstanding of how coding works and may, indeed, sound totally idiotic to someone who knows what they're doing.

Thread Information