DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dynamic results in tables: how to "erase" a result that has already been rolles?

I was wondering if there is a way to "erase" a result from tables once it comes out.

For example, there's a table with 1d8 possible results. On the first roll, the number 5 comes out.

Is there a way for subsequent rolls to ignore another result of 5, and either automatically reroll until a number that never came out actually arrives? Or automatically adjust the table by deleting the number 5 result and "skipping" it going to the next result (in this case 6)? Or something similar that achieves the same result?

I am trying to achieve this result because I built a Random Encounter table, and once that particular monster or encounter comes out it does not happen again.

Thanks!

Not without some kind of extension, no.

I can't think of any kind of easy workaround from something like that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I believe published modules for this purpose make a different table without the rolled result - I mainly noticed that in gazer eye ray table for example.

OK, thanks for the quick answers! I'll take a look at this gazer eye ray!

I believe this is the core functionality of the Basic Card Tables extension. You could take a look at that. It simulates removing a card from a deck, thus making it no longer available to pick from.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I took a look into the "card table extension", and it is exactly what I was looking for! And it seems to work perfectly in FGU. Thanks guys!

Thread Information