DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Tales from the Loop

Yesterday I set myself a Ruleset Wizard Christmas Challenge and banged out a Character Sheet / Basic Ruleset for Tales from the Loop in a little over 2 hours. Ive recorded everything i did (bar 7 mins of copy/pasta and the graphic creation) across 7 videos of 10-25mins each.
    You can watch (and learn how to use the Ruleset Wizard) my progress here -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcga...S4ya4PLgZ0ARfM
    and Ill release the result later today.

The ruleset is attached now. Important notes.
    1. You will need the PDF or Book to learn the rules.
    2. This is a Character Sheet ruleset only - Ive done nothing else to it. But I think for the most part this system will play just fine that way. You still have all your other Fantasy Grounds tools.
    3. The way rolling works is: Double click the Skill score and if appropriate the Item score, and then Double Click the D6 at the top of the page to roll. If you make a mistake, Double clicking the Skill will clear the Roll and start again. Conditions and Attributes are auto added.
    4. If you need to Spend Luck and reroll then double click the black luck die and it will reduce your luck (dont forget to replenish luck at the start of the next session), and add a message [Luck] to the next roll, edit the Dice Pool to reduce it if required and then Double Click
    5. To use Pride double click the black pride die and if you havent used it already this session (dont forget to clear Pride at the start of next session) it will add one automatic success to your next dice roll.

Thats really about it. Let me know how it goes for you and if there are improvements needed.

Moving to the Forge

challenge.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Should you not have been on the beach eating kangaroo steaks? Jolly well done
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    The ruleset is attached to post #1 now. Important notes.

1. You will need the PDF or Book to learn the rules.
    2. This is a Character Sheet ruleset only - Ive done nothing else to it. But I think for the most part this system will play just fine that way. You still have all your other Fantasy Grounds tools.
    3. The way rolling works is: Always start with Attributes by double clicking the attribute score, then you can double click anything else that might apply to the situation - Conditions, Skill, Items and then Double Click the D6 at the top of the page to roll. If you make a mistake, Double clicking the Attribute will clear the Roll and start again.
    4. If you need to Spend Luck and reroll then double click the black luck die and it will reduce your luck (dont forget to replenish luck at the start of the next session), and add a message [Luck] to the next roll, ctrl+scroll down over the Dice Pool to reduce it if required and then Double Click
    5. To use Pride double click the black pride die and if you havent used it already this session (dont forget to clear Pride at the start of next session) it will add one automatic success to your next dice roll.

Thats really about it. Let me know how it goes for you and if there are improvements needed.

This is awesome! Thanks, damned!

Blog Entries
    Ok gave the system a run tonight. Ive still got plenty to learn
    Uploading a new build with some improvements to Roll steps.
    Now most rolls are Double click Skill and then Double Click Roll.
    The only exceptions are when using an Item - then Double click Skill, Double click Item and then Double Click Roll.

This ruleset keeps getting better. I like the small change to Pride to show the checkmark next to the button

One thing with Luck is that it lets you reroll all the failed dice, setting aside all the successful dice. Are you able to determine how many 6's were rolled on the previous roll and subtract those from the dice pool when spending Luck?

So pushing just let's you reroll a failed roll. You must first check a condition and then you can roll. I do not count that condition against the push roll but the rules aren't clear how to handle the new condition. I think that since you are rerollinb and it's not a new roll then the condition does not count until the next new roll.

Also if the player used Luck after a pushed roll I also wouldn't count that against the roll as it's all the same challenge.

I think what I do is up to interpretation.

I don't think there's anything you need to do to push a roll, just double click the dice pool button again and the player has to manually check a condition afterwards. If you want to apply the condition to the roll then check it before and the roller should take that into account.

Blog Entries
    So the condition is ALWAYS applied even if the new roll is SUCCESSFUL?
    And after is fine, you get said condition from the effort of retrying.

Thread Information