FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do I let my players level up?

Hello,

I'm moving right now from Roll20 into FGU, my players had just levelled to 5, so I created their characters within FGU as 4th level characters. Now I can't figure out how to let them level up to 5th level. I've awarded the 1000 xp to level up, but I still can't figure out how to let them get there.

Cheers,

The same way you (presumably) levelled them up to level 4. Players drag in another level of whatever class they want to level up in. They'll first need to go into their Library and click on modules and then load any modules they need (Core rules etc) so that the classes button populates with the necessary classes. Then click on the Tracker button and then on the Class- level button to pop up the class list. Then just drag that class into the tracker. (they can also just drag a class from the Class list and drop it directly onto the Class and level box on the first page of the character sheet).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And don't forget to review the guidance in the chargen tracker as you add your class (either for level 1 or subsequent leveling), feats, etc. to the PC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the response, I found what I was doing wrong, I had to ask my players to open the modules up, I thought that when I set those up they would be immediately available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The same way you (presumably) levelled them up to level 4. Players drag in another level of whatever class they want to level up in. They'll first need to go into their Library and click on modules and then load any modules they need (Core rules etc) so that the classes button populates with the necessary classes. Then click on the Tracker button and then on the Class- level button to pop up the class list. Then just drag that class into the tracker. (they can also just drag a class from the Class list and drop it directly onto the Class and level box on the first page of the character sheet).
    The fact that you need to drag the class to the character sheet (like you do in 5e) feels odd here, given that PF2e multiclassing doesn't work like that. It would make more sense for their to just be a button on the character sheet/tracker that levels the character for you.

Quote Originally Posted by flashgordon View Post
    It would make more sense for their to just be a button on the character sheet/tracker that levels the character for you.
    It would. But we only know that 1.5 years down the line when we get a true idea of how PF2 is going to work with expansions, etc.. Until there is a one button "level up" option, keep dragging the class to the character sheet, or the chargen tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

AND there is a thing in the Gamemastery Guide called "Dual-Class PC" PG 192. Which is more akin to the old style of mult-classing (But there are some rules that would have to be manually applied for it)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information