5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    Thanks Fear Grounds. I'd begun to figure it was something like that...

    So...

    Did all the math, and came out to just slightly cheaper to buy the upgrade rather than buying a brand new license. Without the sale, the upgrade path is more expensive. Who knew?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    Thanks Fear Grounds. I'd begun to figure it was something like that...

    So...

    Did all the math, and came out to just slightly cheaper to buy the upgrade rather than buying a brand new license. Without the sale, the upgrade path is more expensive. Who knew?
    To my knowledge, there is always a 40% discount for having a previous FGC license. So the upgrade should never be more expensive.

  3. #13
    This is probably a silly question, but if I have the FGC Ultimate license and I 'upgrade' to the FGU Ultimate license, do I lose access to FGC? I'm assuming that's what upgrading entails?

  4. #14
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,904
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VitalHeat View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but if I have the FGC Ultimate license and I 'upgrade' to the FGU Ultimate license, do I lose access to FGC? I'm assuming that's what upgrading entails?
    No, you have both versions then.
    DMing since February 1979. FGC & FGU Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * C&C Greyhawk | Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg (Monday | Friday)
    * AD&D The Night Below (Wednesday)
    * Rolemaster Greyhawk (Thursday)
    * AD&D The Road to Greyhawk City (Friday)
    * AD&D Kron Hills (Saturday)

    Thanks for 8+ years of gaming via FG my friends (AD&D 2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e / Traveller 2e)!

  5. #15
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,235
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by VitalHeat View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but if I have the FGC Ultimate license and I 'upgrade' to the FGU Ultimate license, do I lose access to FGC? I'm assuming that's what upgrading entails?
    JohnD is right. You will have both versions.

  6. #16
    Kronides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Hey guys, just a quick question about the discounts for Pathfinder items already owned on paizo.com. Do these discounts still apply based on pdf price?

    It seems that something is being applied but seems to be off, eg: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Villain Codex is marked down to $33.74 but when I add to cart it shows as $26.25 rather than the expected $23.75 (37.74-9.99) - is this behaving as intended?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    JohnD is right. You will have both versions.
    Awesome! Thank you both for your replies. Definitely going to upgrade during the winter sale, then!

  8. #18
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    13,518
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick question about the discounts for Pathfinder items already owned on paizo.com. Do these discounts still apply based on pdf price?

    It seems that something is being applied but seems to be off, eg: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Villain Codex is marked down to $33.74 but when I add to cart it shows as $26.25 rather than the expected $23.75 (37.74-9.99) - is this behaving as intended?
    I suspect the PDF value is taken from the full price, and then the sale price applied. i.e. something like ($39.99 - 9.99)*80% > 26.25

  9. #19
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,235
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I suspect the PDF value is taken from the full price, and then the sale price applied. i.e. something like ($39.99 - 9.99)*80% > 26.25
    Correct

  10. #20
    Ok, probably a stupid question. I have both a FGC standard license and a monthly sub for Unity Ultimate. I would like to go ahead and purchase the FGU Ultimate license, upgrading my sub. How do I do that? Just purchase a new FGU Ultimate license, and my account will be upgraded? Or do I need to specifically upgrade my current license in some fashion? If that makes sense. Thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
PF2E Playlist

Log in

Log in