STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dawn of the Daikaiju errors

Let me start by saying I ran the first part of this adventure last night for 3 players and we all had a blast! It has some errors but nothing I encountered broke the game, it merely slowed it down for a moment.

1. The hero kaiju are plopping down on the map at the wrong size. I believe they should occupy a 2x2 square, they are only occupying a single square. I increased the size of the token, but it didn't increase the reach properly. I suppose I could adjust the melee combat actions to increase the reach, but I didn't think of that till after. This might be an issue with FGU, not necessarily with the DotD module.
    2. The NPCs don't have the tokens provided added to them. Easy enough to fix during prep.
    3. The portraits for the Hero Kaiju don't propagate as tokens. I copied the img-0001 files from the campaign portrait folder to the GMs token folder, renamed them to img1.jpg - img6.jpg and was able to drop them into the token slot on the character sheets.
    4. Some of the hero Kaiju that can utilize Stomp didn't have it added to their combat tab. I added it, easy fix.

It is a very fun module and I look forward to running this in the future. I think it will be great for conventions!

Thanks for converting this Mgrancey!

I've forwarded to the DLC developer for that product.

Thanks,
    JPG

Genbu Ancient Defender of Earth should have a pace of 4 after having a -2 modifier from Reduced Pace instead of it's current -3 modifier.

The Maser weapons on the UN Drone Maser Hover Tanks and Remote Weapon Batteries should have a range of 3/6/12 instead of 6/12/24

Also what is the reasoning for having a Heavy Laser [Twin-Linked] sub attack on the UN Done Laser Hover Tanks and Remote Weapon Batteries? Somehow they double their range and get a +2 bonus damage? According to the PDF it should have twin linked heavy lasers (Range 6/12/24 KS, Damage 4d10, RoF 1, AP 30)

Edit: It looks like all of the Ranges are doubled for the vehicles and Biomechs. KS in the range refers to Kaiju Scale which means 1"=20yds. Unless there is some instruction from the Creator that I don't know about?

Edit 2: all the maps should have an 80x80 grid. Then the grid lines up perfectly with the GM Map images. It also shows the proper scale for the NPCs, I still don't know how to make the PCs the size they should be, I am beginning to think it wasn't encoded for the PCs. It works fine for the NPCs. Maybe a similar Space/Reach element can be added to the Character Sheet. They should occupy a 2x2 square or 40yds by 40yds. One can still drop the token and manually increase the size of the token, but it would be nice to see the Reach box scale with the token.

Edit 3: The Protostomion Biomech NPC is tagged as a Wild Card, it should be an extra.

Edit 4: Numerous errors across the Pregenerated Characters and NPCs Combat Tabs. I found a working Stomp attack, added Heavy Weapon status to it (all Kaiju attacks count as HW) and copied it to all of the Kaiju that it was missing from. Same for nonfunctional Breath attacks, added 'may be Evaded' to proper place for the Breath Attacks that were missing it. Some kaiju had AB Gifted selected, changed the selection to be blank, no Kaiju can take AB edges.

Edit 5: Doctor Irwin's Parry is set to 5, per the PDF it should be 6. His Tentacle attacks should be 3 attacks for one Action. Easy enough to fix with the Dice modifier.

Edit 6: Emperor Wukong's Fighting skill is listed as d10, it should be d8 per the PDF. He is missing his d6 Intimidation skill.

Edit 7: Emperor Wukong's Parry is listed as 9, PDF says 10. The PDF is wrong.

Edit 8: According to the PDF, Emperor Wukong only has used 11 out of 12 skills, assuming that last skill point would go into Fighting, that brings his Parry to 10, I have posted a message in the PEG Forums to get an official answer.

Edit 9: Noticed he is short 1 Ability point in the PDF. It must be missing from Agility to make his skill points equal out properly.
    Last edited by YggBjorn; December 21st, 2020 at 11:25.

Suzaku (Phoenix of the Rising Sun!) has the Healer edge, so they should have +2 modifier on all of their Healing Rolls.

Okay, will check.

Sorry about delay but Holidays and then work has been rough lately.

I will double check some of these but I think some simply require, DM adjustment in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    Edit: It looks like all of the Ranges are doubled for the vehicles and Biomechs. KS in the range refers to Kaiju Scale which means 1"=20yds. Unless there is some instruction from the Creator that I don't know about?

Edit 2: all the maps should have an 80x80 grid. Then the grid lines up perfectly with the GM Map images. It also shows the proper scale for the NPCs, I still don't know how to make the PCs the size they should be, I am beginning to think it wasn't encoded for the PCs. It works fine for the NPCs. Maybe a similar Space/Reach element can be added to the Character Sheet. They should occupy a 2x2 square or 40yds by 40yds. One can still drop the token and manually increase the size of the token, but it would be nice to see the Reach box scale with the token.
    Correct, to make the visual scale of vehicles to Kaiju better, the Kaiju are meant to appear twice as big as vehicles, which required adjusting their range for mechanical purposes. So Vehicles are meant to fit in a 40x40 square while Kaiju are meant to be in 2x2 section of 80x80.

There is some instruction, under MAKING DAIKAIJU, there is a page "Fantasy Grounds Support", that lists these adjustments that were made to let it run better in FG from get go.

Pre-gen size, if I remember correctly even when I added the space and reach tags to the pre-gens the Combat Tracker wouldn't pull and assign them as PCs don't actually have that tag on the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    Also what is the reasoning for having a Heavy Laser [Twin-Linked] sub attack on the UN Done Laser Hover Tanks and Remote Weapon Batteries? Somehow they double their range and get a +2 bonus damage? According to the PDF it should have twin linked heavy lasers (Range 6/12/24 KS, Damage 4d10, RoF 1, AP 30)
    Range is probably miss on adjustment to Kaiju Scale, as to bonus to hit and damage. SWADE Page 80, linked vehicular weapons

Linked: Weapons of the same type may be dual or quad linked and fired as one (triple linked is ineffective). Dual linked weapons add +1 to hit and +2 damage; quad linked weapons add +2 to hit and +4 damage.
    Example: A pilot with d8 Shooting in a Spitfire (8× machine-guns, RoF 3) rolls 3d8 for each wing, adding +2 to his Shooting total and +4 damage to those rounds that hit.
    Last edited by Mgrancey; February 2nd, 2021 at 01:02.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

On the combat tracker if you click the grid icon you can set the space and reach. If you set the space to 2 then when you put the token on the map it'll use 2 squares. Ikael said it's supposed to do that automatically based on the size on the character sheet but it doesn't seem to be working for me. But if you update the size and reach on the combat tracker it'll remember it when you add it to any map

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    On the combat tracker if you click the grid icon you can set the space and reach. If you set the space to 2 then when you put the token on the map it'll use 2 squares. Ikael said it's supposed to do that automatically based on the size on the character sheet but it doesn't seem to be working for me. But if you update the size and reach on the combat tracker it'll remember it when you add it to any map
    That's what I meant but I looking back probably could have explained better.

So was checking and fixing stuff when I realized issue with what I was doing about Kaiju scale and the Templates, when I realized there is might a better way to get deal with it though I will need to check and test it. Yay tiredness!

For others, in Unity:

When image is unlocked you gain access to all the new image settings and such, if you go under the Grid option, you can set "Distance Multiplier" to 0.5. I need to test it obviously to see if stuff will work correctly. IF anyone else wants to test and report back, you help is appreciated.

For Classic users:

I don't think that it likes grids being set for less than 1, but I will have to double check later.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Ummm, not sure what your post is about besides DotD summary-ish.

They do tend to have a hierarchy of strongest is leader.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Okay, will check.

Sorry about delay but Holidays and then work has been rough lately.

I will double check some of these but I think some simply require, DM adjustment in the game.
    I appreciate your response! The holiday delay is understandable and generally unavoidable.

I apologize for my late reply, got busy with new projects.

Correct, to make the visual scale of vehicles to Kaiju better, the Kaiju are meant to appear twice as big as vehicles, which required adjusting their range for mechanical purposes. So Vehicles are meant to fit in a 40x40 square while Kaiju are meant to be in 2x2 section of 80x80.
    Now this ventures into speculation on my part, so perhaps I am wrong, but before the FG module was released I wanted to drill down on the Kaiju Scale and how it works on the maps. On page 8 of the PDF we have a definition of KS:
    When using miniatures on a battle map, Dawn of the Daikaiju uses a scale of 1 inch equals 20 yards. This makes commonly available 3.5” to 4" daikaiju figurines, or the free Figure Flats you'll find on our website, equal to Size 16.

So I scaled the PDF on my screen so that from the left edge to the right edge was 8.5", the width of the intended page size to print I believe. If 1 inch equals 20 yards then the maps need to be enlarged for printing to the right scale. However I think the figure flats don't need to be enlarged, again speculation. If we measure the dimensions for the figure flats, the hover tanks are 1 inch so they fill a 1 inch square. The daikaiju are 2 inches or 3 inches depending on if they are bipedal or quadrapedal. Which means they should fill a 2x2 or 3x3 inch space on the map. If you adjust the maps in FGU to have an 80px X 80px grid, it matches perfectly with the images of the maps in the DotD PDF. So it is my belief that you should have an 80px grid and the Daikaiju whould fill a 160px X 160px square on the map. Or in otherwords, twice the size mentioned in the "Fantasy Grounds Support" section of the module.

You may have figured that out already with the post you made saying:
    So was checking and fixing stuff when I realized issue with what I was doing about Kaiju scale and the Templates, when I realized there is might a better way to get deal with it though I will need to check and test it. Yay tiredness!
    Thank you immensely Mgrancey for converting this module and for answering in this thread! I have learned some things about FGU that I didn't know about! Dawn of the Daikaiju is a very fun module that I have some, hopefully, really fun plans for. It is only that I am so passionate about this module that I have spent so much time with it. Buried somewhere in this forum is a post I made about using Google Earth to make maps to scale for this module. With that post you can unleash Daikaiju anywhere on the Earth! I've unearthed that post for those interested: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iju&highlight=

I've rented a backhoe to unearth this daikaiju thread!

That's what I meant but I looking back probably could have explained better.

For others, in Unity:

When image is unlocked you gain access to all the new image settings and such, if you go under the Grid option, you can set "Distance Multiplier" to 0.5. I need to test it obviously to see if stuff will work correctly. IF anyone else wants to test and report back, you help is appreciated.

For Classic users:

I don't think that it likes grids being set for less than 1, but I will have to double check later.
    Digging up this post as I am looking into running DotD for the FG Academy Founders Day VI event near the end of July 2023.

Why would one need to adjust the distance multiplier? It is implied that the daikaiju are 'Space 2, Reach 1' unless they purchased the Reach +1 ability or the Tentacle Attack ability during creation. I came to this conclusion considering the PDF shows the Giant Blob as having Reach 2 for it's Tentacle attack.
    Code:
    Tentacles: The blob has two tentacle actions, Reach 2 KS, Damage Str+2d12, AP 24, and adds +2 to Grapple.
    I added the underline for emphasis. If we look at the Racial Abilities table we can see the base Tentacle attack has Reach 2.
    Code:
    Tentacles (1): The kaiju has two tentacle actions for 2 points, three actions for 4 points, or four for 6 points (see Savage Worlds). The tentacles have a Reach of 2, or 3 for +2 points. Tentacles also add +2 to Grappling attempts.
    Again, I added the underline for emphasis. Finally if we look at Dr. Irwin, his Tentacle attack has Reach 3.
    Code:
    Tentacles: Dr. Irwin has 3 acidic tentacle actions. Each causes Str+2d12, AP 24, and has a Reach of 3. Tentacles add +2 to a character's grappling rolls.
    I do like that underline for emphasis...

With those settings in the Combat Tracker for the players, and fixing all of the other 'Space 2' sized NPCs to have a Reach 1 or 2 as needed, then I believe the setting functions as intended. A Reach of 1 is 1", a Reach of 2 is 2", a Reach of 3 is 3", etc.

I also am wondering if this module could get updated with some fixes. I have found a few and can make a detailed list. Perhaps I should do it, regardless of official fixes, for future kaiju groupies to tweak their games. For some reason the module isn't locked to read-only so everything is editable.

Thread Information