STAR TREK 2d20

Swords and Wizardry Module

Ok, so here is a module I made for Swords and Wizardry in MoreCore. This is not the complete book, this is just all of the mechanical side of the book. Included is classes, races, all items and all tables. There are a few things to note with how this module was put together, because it was made with MoreCore:

-Copyright notice can be found in the "Story" section
    -All spells were created in "Items". There is no "Spells" section in MoreCore, so this was the only way I could think to do it.
    -When looking for items, it's best to use from the sidebar and not from the library page. When using from the sidebar, you can separate by category.
    -All NPC's Armor Class that was put in under the "main" tab shows the Ascending Armor Class
    -In the main tab of the NPC's, in the "CT Rolls" section, there are clickable buttons for Hit Points and Saving Throws. This way you can random roll HP's once they are in the in the Combat Tracker. Note
    on this- Monsters with different Challenge Levels and HD have different rolls for each category. There are Saving Throws to match these numbers as well. Also note that these monsters do not have the
    modifier on the attack roll
    -Be sure to check the "notes" section of the tables. Some tables were created without the use of automation roll. This was on the tables that have multiple columns. Many/most tables have the
    automation built in where I could do it
    -As of now, all magic items are just input and do not have the ID ability. I may do this later

If you notice any errors or have any feedback, please be sure to comment here. I hope you enjoy it!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...RF?usp=sharing

Original Post: So, I made a module for Swords and Wizardry in MoreCore (Not a full book, just all classes, spells, monsters, items and tables) and wondered if it was something I could put here for free since we can all get the ruleset for free from Frog God Games? I'd love to be able to get this out to everyone (since I know some folks have been asking about it) but want to make sure I'm not doing any bad copyright stuff
    Last edited by ransolot; December 27th, 2020 at 20:20.

Blog Entries
    You will need to contact FGG and get permission from them.
    Send them some screenshots and a solid description.
    Make sure you include any/all copyright notices in the module and links to where the original content can be obtained.

Like with anything you need to check on the copyright/licensing that the material is released under. It doesn't matter if the material is freely available.

In this case, refer to the "Legal Appendix" at the back of the Swords and Wizardry Complete Rulebook

The "Open Game Content" section states:
    Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of the Open Game License (OGL).

This entire work is designated as Open Game Content under the OGL, with the exception of the trademarks “Swords & Wizardry,” “S&W,” “Mythmere Games,” “FGG,” “Frog God Games,” and with the exception of all artwork. These trademarks, artwork, and the Trade Dress of this work (font, layout, style of artwork, etc.) are reserved as Product Identity.
    And then the OGL is presented.

Therefore you can release this material in FG form as long as you don't include things stated as product identity and you include the full text of the OGL.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 19th, 2020 at 12:41.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Ransolot,

This is awesome! Is there anything FGG can assist you with? Please contact us at [email protected]. And yes, you can put it up for free.
    ZG

Wow! There you go. You got Zack's blessing. That's awesome!

Forgive my ignorance though. What is MoreCore?
    Last edited by Randy Crockett; December 28th, 2020 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Crockett View Post
    Forgive my ignorance though. What is MoreCore?
    Site Search for MoreCore would lead you to this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Found it and installed. Thank you.

As a late arriver: where can I find the S&W support for FG?
    The link above doesn’t work any more.

Thanks in advance

Thread Information