DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 37 First 1234513 ... Last
    Inclusion of the Errata as being part of the Core Rule Book. Not for MGM to go through and rewrite the text but it being included as its own section.

Add the range field to the Weapons section on the Action tab. Make sure it is long enough to show the range increments. e.g. 112/450/900/1800
    It would be nice if the weapons had this listed this way so we did not need to go in and set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg Smith View Post
    Add the range field to the Weapons section on the Action tab. Make sure it is long enough to show the range increments. e.g. 112/450/900/1800
    It would be nice if the weapons had this listed this way so we did not need to go in and set it up.
    Hi,

There's only so much space available, how do you see this? Are you able to create a mockup?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

MBM,
    Here is my humble suggestion:

For use with the Space Combat Tracker: Add a new tab called Crew to all spaceships (now on spaceships there are Main, Actions and Notes tabs). Conceptually the proposed new crew tab functions on the SCT equivalent to a Player Character sheet in function on the regular combat tracker. Visually, the Crew Tab has on the left a list of 6-8 crewmember spaces by PC name and then a second row with skills the PC’s have. Include the ability to add more rows if needed.
    When the PC’s sheet is dragged onto a Spaceship the PCs starship skills will be harvested to populate it so that the SCT can automatically calculate relevant skills to modify die rolls. For NPC ships the empty slots will be manually filled with the GM’s name choice and each relevant spaceship skill.

Character Creator, using the player companion.
    ie
    Packages and Points.
    Packages are drag and drop. Currently there are two types ie homeworld/upbringing packages and career packages, but, there may be other types. They modify attributes & skills and could be drag/dropped onto the character sheet.
    If the package supports a characteristic or skill the Referee has not supported, it is ignored.
    As for points, it would be great if the character sheet auto-calculated the current value of the character, regardless of the character creation system used. Just by dropping a skill onto the sheet or altering the attributes (max, not current) would result in a new valuation of the character.
    So, packages and point value system, would allow for quick point build characters and NPCs while supporting the classic random system as well.
    An place that auto-calculates the Characters Extended UPP (EUP, supporting the new attributes)

I have an idea on how to do the random system as well, but that requires a different (read longer and more detailed) post.

The ability for Tacitcs Affect roll to Modify Intiaitve scores in the combat tracker.
    I can see this fitting along the bottom. The Combatants are group together if they're hostile or friendly ect.
    So either a Click Box for which Intent the Combatants are or a Drop Down menu and then a secondary drop down of characters which are marked as hostile, friendly ect. And a roll button, that would roll that character Tactics roll, and apply that effect to everyone in same Intent.
    EG, if a Character is marked Friendly and rollled their Tactics, then the Tactics effects everyone else who is marked Friendly. The same for Hostile and the same for Enemy.

The more I use this ruleset, the more I wish there was a way to handle craft like characters and spacecraft. That's no doubt due to my working on a walker-heavy campaign. I've managed to cobble together a working system of handling them by giving each player their own note with their craft-walker linked to it. I have custom created Craft (vehicle) weapons as just heavy weapons on a character sheet that the character doesn't carry. Not being able to target a craft or place them in the CT is awkward though. As well, it's always necessary to use copies of one of the default, included craft, because that's the only way to make them editable to record damage. Not being able to drag and drop a custom created craft (vehicle) weapon to a craft sheet, requires manually entering them, which seems a bit clunky.

Just wish craft were better integrated into the ruleset like how spacecraft are.
    Last edited by kronovan; January 4th, 2021 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    The more I use this ruleset, the more I wish there was a way to handle craft like characters and spacecraft. That's no doubt due to my working on a walker-heavy campaign. I've managed to cobble together a working system of handling them by giving each player their own note with their craft-walker linked to it. I have custom created Craft (vehicle) weapons as just heavy weapons on a character sheet that the character doesn't carry. Not being able to target a craft or place them in the CT is awkward though. As well, it's always necessary to use copies of one of the default, included craft, because that's the only way to make them editable to record damage. Not being able to drag and drop a custom created craft (vehicle) weapon to a craft sheet, requires manually entering them, which seems a bit clunky.

Just wish craft were better integrated into the ruleset like how spacecraft are.
    Hi Kronovan,

Craft/Vehicles will get updated when I start on the Vehicle book around March time.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Kronovan,

Craft/Vehicles will get updated when I start on the Vehicle book around March time.
    Oh wow - had no idea that was in the plans!! That encourages me to continue with my adaptation of the Battletech/Inner Sphere verse. As I said, I've found a way to make craft-walker combat work, but it's a bit clunky.

Thanks for letting me know MBM.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Oh wow - had no idea that was in the plans!! That encourages me to continue with my adaptation of the Battletech/Inner Sphere verse. As I said, I've found a way to make craft-walker combat work, but it's a bit clunky.

Thanks for letting me know MBM.
    Well, I'm just reading through the Vehicle Handbook and taking some notes, might try and see if I can start on the Vehicle Builder, it's simpler than the Spacecraft one. Just I want to move on with Spacecraft stuff atm. But let's see.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information