DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 37 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    I'm with you on the crewing juggle for PoD. My players are currently operating 3 ships. For context as a Ref I use NPC records for the hirelings. They can still be dragged and dropped to the PS's Ship tab and crew role assigned, along with skill rolls that I perform for the table. We started a public Note listing each ship and I drag and dropped the NPC record in line with which ship they belong to. Each NPC record has a name and its role in parenthesis.

Blog Entries
    We have the NPC created as PC and assign to different players. Using excel and a jpg Map in game with at the ships to move tokens around.

A player list on the Party Sheet that players could see would make life much easier.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    We have the NPC created as PC and assign to different players. Using excel and a jpg Map in game with at the ships to move tokens around.

A player list on the Party Sheet that players could see would make life much easier.
    +1 ;-)

That’s how we currently do it. However the Extents Vargr’s current CHA score generates a SOC characteristic at -2 for interactions where SOC is required (most things where dealing with non Extents Vargr). It’s just a quality of life ask, to make it easier for the player to keep track of which characteristic she’s using - certainly not a game breaker that needs an urgent fix.

Would it be possible to add a scrollbar to the Skills tab? My players are all skill monkeys, and some of them are on laptops (limited middle button functionality).

A way to import RPGSuite characters? I can send you an exported character, it has an TCHJSON extension, if that helps?

RPGSuite would probably have to export a FG friendly xml file. Fantasy Grounds as a whole only reads/writes PC Record sheets as xml. Maybe someone can design a web parser to convert?

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    RPGSuite would probably have to export a FG friendly xml file. Fantasy Grounds as a whole only reads/writes PC Record sheets as xml. Maybe someone can design a web parser to convert?
    Wish I knew more about JSON, XML, etc, but not my wheelhouse. I tried an online convertor of JSON to XML, any ideas on how to check and see how badly it got munged?

MoNeart, I'm not an expert by any means myself. But what you might want to do is export a PC record out of Fantasy Grounds and inspect the XML output to get your bearing on it. That should give you the syntax/schema that FG would expect as an import. I'd be happy to discuss if you want. We will just need a new forum thread so we don't clog this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    MoNeart, I'm not an expert by any means myself. But what you might want to do is export a PC record out of Fantasy Grounds and inspect the XML output to get your bearing on it. That should give you the syntax/schema that FG would expect as an import. I'd be happy to discuss if you want. We will just need a new forum thread so we don't clog this one up.
    Got it. Will give that a shot!

Thread Information