DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 37 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi kronovan,

I don't play DnD that much (though I do run CoS) and no idea about the light effects at the moment, let me know the syntax and I'll see where it is in DnD ruleset and look at that.

Cheers,
    MBM
    These are all that are on the Effects form for 2 different FGU rulesets; D&D 5e and Call of Cthulhu 7.0

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    LIGHT: 20 torch
    LIGHT: 5 candle
    LIGHT: 15/45 lamp
    LIGHT: 30 lantern

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
    LIGHT: 4 torch
    LIGHT: 1 candle
    LIGHT: 3/9 lamp
    LIGHT: 6 lantern

SPELL LIGHTING EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    LIGHT: 20 light
    LIGHT: 15/15 darkness

SPELL LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
    LIGHT: 4 light
    LIGHT: 3/3 darkness

As well these are some for D&D 5e that can be manually entered for an effect.

INNATE/SPECIES VISION EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    VISION: 60 blindsight
    VISION: 30 darkvision
    VISION: 20 truesight

As you can see the numbers vary for the different rulesets as the distance per grid unit on maps varies. The first number is the distance and IIRC the second is the distance that dim light occurs for. The D&D 5e numbers represent feet and with MGT2e using meters those numbers need to be changed - can't remember off the top of my head what map units CoC 7 uses. The Common lights have different flickering effects that are preset by their name, which I assume is defined by the CoreRPG ruleset. Candle has the highest and is set at 100%, next is torch, while lantern and lamp have almost no flicker. I find that Lamp and Lantern best suit an Industrial world at TL 4 or higher, with candle and torch working for primitive. The Darkvision casts a consistent light 60 feet for the D&D 5e ruleset, but all illumination is in shades of grey. I find it works well for nightvision goggles you might encounter in a Traveller TL 6+ world. Both Truevision and Darkvision are not effected by darkness lights. As expected though, they're still affected by masking.

[Edit] Forgot to mention, any of those effects can be manually entered in an Effect field for a PC of NPC in the Combat Tracker (CT.) For both the rulesets I give values for, A Light can be added to a character token with both of those rulesets by making them the active character in the CT, then clicking the Effects button and clicking the desired light button on the Effects form.
    Last edited by kronovan; May 23rd, 2021 at 23:19.

Could the Player Spacecraft have the ability to add user images/text to it? That way we could attach 2d deck-plans and other ship specific supporting text to the spacecraft

Quote Originally Posted by RobP View Post
    Could the Player Spacecraft have the ability to add user images/text to it? That way we could attach 2d deck-plans and other ship specific supporting text to the spacecraft
    Hello RobP,

Not a bad ask. The PC sheet is quite fluid at the moment, as it's been discussed with SuperTeddy that I'll bring as much PC Ship stuff as possible inline with SFRPG, so it's easier/quicker to code and you learn one ruleset, you learn both (and hopefully any other that uses ships!).

So I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    These are all that are on the Effects form for 2 different FGU rulesets; D&D 5e and Call of Cthulhu 7.0

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    LIGHT: 20 torch
    LIGHT: 5 candle
    LIGHT: 15/45 lamp
    LIGHT: 30 lantern

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
    LIGHT: 4 torch
    LIGHT: 1 candle
    LIGHT: 3/9 lamp
    LIGHT: 6 lantern

SPELL LIGHTING EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    LIGHT: 20 light
    LIGHT: 15/15 darkness

SPELL LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
    LIGHT: 4 light
    LIGHT: 3/3 darkness

As well these are some for D&D 5e that can be manually entered for an effect.

INNATE/SPECIES VISION EFFECTS for D&D 5e
    VISION: 60 blindsight
    VISION: 30 darkvision
    VISION: 20 truesight

As you can see the numbers vary for the different rulesets as the distance per grid unit on maps varies. The first number is the distance and IIRC the second is the distance that dim light occurs for. The D&D 5e numbers represent feet and with MGT2e using meters those numbers need to be changed - can't remember off the top of my head what map units CoC 7 uses. The Common lights have different flickering effects that are preset by their name, which I assume is defined by the CoreRPG ruleset. Candle has the highest and is set at 100%, next is torch, while lantern and lamp have almost no flicker. I find that Lamp and Lantern best suit an Industrial world at TL 4 or higher, with candle and torch working for primitive. The Darkvision casts a consistent light 60 feet for the D&D 5e ruleset, but all illumination is in shades of grey. I find it works well for nightvision goggles you might encounter in a Traveller TL 6+ world. Both Truevision and Darkvision are not effected by darkness lights. As expected though, they're still affected by masking.

[Edit] Forgot to mention, any of those effects can be manually entered in an Effect field for a PC of NPC in the Combat Tracker (CT.) For both the rulesets I give values for, A Light can be added to a character token with both of those rulesets by making them the active character in the CT, then clicking the Effects button and clicking the desired light button on the Effects form.
    Hi Kronovan,

Checkout the v1.2.3 branch thread, I've added the lighting effects, a screenshot is on my Twitter.

So should get to you a week on Tuesday (8th June).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Kronovan,

Checkout the v1.2.3 branch thread, I've added the lighting effects, a screenshot is on my Twitter.

So should get to you a week on Tuesday (8th June).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Looks good, though maybe change Spell to Psi or something more travellerish.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Looks good, though maybe change Spell to Psi or something more travellerish.
    Hey,

Good suggestion. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work. Could be it's built in. I'll have another attempt when I have a bit more time.

Cheers

I mentioned this on the Highguard thread, but there are some additions to the ship tab that would be useful!

My suggestions: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage (and maybe how many months are left?) also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. Vehicle spare parts are on page 135 of the core book, Cr 500 per ton, and starship spare parts are on page 150 and are Cr 100.000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by pheanox View Post
    I mentioned this on the Highguard thread, but there are some additions to the ship tab that would be useful!

My suggestions: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage (and maybe how many months are left?) also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. Vehicle spare parts are on page 135 of the core book, Cr 500 per ton, and starship spare parts are on page 150 and are Cr 100.000 per ton.
    Hi pheanox,

Spare parts is a good idea, I just put those details in the nodes on the ship myself, but I could put a field that record the tonnage.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi pheanox,

Spare parts is a good idea, I just put those details in the nodes on the ship myself, but I could put a field that record the tonnage.

Cheers,
    MBM
    A field for spare parts tonnage would be nice. It is just another step forward on cargo. Little bits here and there and eventually 100%.

Thread Information