DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 37 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi dQnielk,

Valid point. though I'm not sure the average Traveller play would want the dice on the desktop (as that space is a premium) - but let me have a think about how best, I don't like to say no to anything, so could be a small extension might do the trick.

Cheers,
    MBM
    An extension would be a great solution, if you have time. I have all the desktop space in the world, but I know a lot of people don't; so that sounds like a great way to make them optional for anyone that wants them.

Sorry if this has been stated, I have not seen it, but I also have not looked at every post. I think it would be really cool if masks on fx layers could be drawn out like how walls are added. Currently (as far as I can tell) the only way to do a mask on an fx layer is to use a square and sometimes that can leave unwanted particles.

Thanks

koriley This more of an overall Core feature of FG but if you hold ALT while unmasking it gives you precision in your unmasking efforts.

-Greg

Well, are you some kind of wizard, GregRex? That works great, thank you so much for telling me that!

Dont know if it is already mention but I would like my players to have their own Locker storage. By this I mean a way of offloading the tons of items collected in their inventory. It’s getting unmanageable for the players to remember what they have. So, these are the functions I think would be handy.
    1. A way for each player to check in or check out gear that they personally own.
    2. Possibly within the locker there is code to group items into similar categories and then a Miscellaneous place for items that can’t be categorized yet.
    3. A way to create a custom category for players to put their ‘special’ weapons and stuff. Like a ‘go-bag’ category for quick adventures etc.

I think this will help in-clutter their inventory and also help define what the Traveller is actually taking on a mission (defining encumberence status).
    The personal locker can be coded within the character sheet, or created externally (where others might try to hack and steal stuff!).

If there is a way to do this already please let me know.

Thanks MB!

Oh by the way, I would still like the ability where if a player un-equips or carries a weapon, it will not show up in the actions window...or can’t be fired. This will reinforce encumberence and reduce the player bristling with firearms in an impossible way to manage them.

Deej

Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    Dont know if it is already mention but I would like my players to have their own Locker storage. By this I mean a way of offloading the tons of items collected in their inventory. It’s getting unmanageable for the players to remember what they have. So, these are the functions I think would be handy.
    1. A way for each player to check in or check out gear that they personally own.
    2. Possibly within the locker there is code to group items into similar categories and then a Miscellaneous place for items that can’t be categorized yet.
    3. A way to create a custom category for players to put their ‘special’ weapons and stuff. Like a ‘go-bag’ category for quick adventures etc.

I think this will help in-clutter their inventory and also help define what the Traveller is actually taking on a mission (defining encumberence status).
    The personal locker can be coded within the character sheet, or created externally (where others might try to hack and steal stuff!).

If there is a way to do this already please let me know.

Thanks MB!

Oh by the way, I would still like the ability where if a player un-equips or carries a weapon, it will not show up in the actions window...or can’t be fired. This will reinforce encumberence and reduce the player bristling with firearms in an impossible way to manage them.

Deej
    I think having a secondary tab for inventory wouldnt be that bad of an idea. There are quite a lot of flavor items PCs can buy which are great for character stuff, just clutter inventory screen. Though maybe being able to store stuff on Ships and Vehicles would be pretty cool. Drag and Drop items to and from the cargo section. Not sure how to retain which character its from. Beside Renaming the Items.
    As a workaround, Deej, you can create a Mule PC, which character can drag and drop items onto it. They'll need to rename their geat if they want to retain personal ownership. And the GM will need to give stuff to you, as PC cant be freely accessed.

Theoretically player "lockers" would work with "Parcels", but unfortunately players are not able to write to them even they are shared and unlocked.

deejaay1018, not quite what you may be looking for; players can drop items from their PC Inventory tab to the Party Sheet Inventory tab. It clears ownership but sounds like it will clear up the PC Inventory sheet for you. It has two-way functionality so they can grab the item when they need it from the Party Sheet Inventory within the context of the RP situation.

*Edit* One other thing I thought of. Players can create an item in their inventory and call it "Locker". Then assign using 'location' every item that belongs in the locker to create an organized subgroup in the PC Inventory tab.

Locker.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GregRex; March 14th, 2021 at 14:27.

The "Map Parcel Extension" seems to allow players to put items into parcels and thus offer an easy option for PC "lockers" (among other things). I suggest you take a look at it, it's not too expensive for a one-time fee and seems to enjoy active support.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-Unity/page23

My extensions work in 5E and are in my signature. While some may support other things don't count on it.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 14th, 2021 at 17:23.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information