STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 37 First 123412 ... Last
    My suggestion might very well be because I'm still quite new to MGT 2.0 and have only had the FG ruleset for less than a month. Anyhow...how about Vehicles?

Looking at the current state of the 1.2.0a ruleset, I'm not sure how a GM and players are supposed to handle vehicles. For one, they seem to be called Craft in this ruleset. Secondly there's no vehicle weapons or category for them in Items. Thirdly there's no place on the Craft templates to list weapons. Going through the ruleset I'm not even sure if Vehicles have been implemented yet? As per the MGT 2.0 CRB, I get that they're different from spaceships in that a PC or NPC's direct skills are used for rolls to control them or fire their weapons. Shouldn't there be a way to track them though for the damage they've sustained - like maybe a Vehicle CBT?

I don't see Vehicles on MBM's to do list or completed list.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 18th, 2020 at 21:07.

My god you people are going to force Madbeard to implement Spread sheets and accounting in the Ruleset! whats next jira and Confluence with dedicated Npc bot support

But as a gm of Drinax im all for keeping as possible in the ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Ramid View Post
    My god you people are going to force Madbeard to implement Spread sheets and accounting in the Ruleset! whats next jira and Confluence with dedicated Npc bot support

But as a gm of Drinax im all for keeping as possible in the ruleset
    If MBM does these things the best part about them is if you and your players don't want to use them - then don't But for those that do want to / or may use them - they would be very helpful.

Xargun

Don't know if it is already suggested, if so disregard.
    Weapons on the Actions page....any way it can filter and display only carried or equipped? Removes the issue of some players using weapons they own but are not carrying at the moment.
    various ways to display:
    1. Shows only on actions list for any equipped only. Forces player to use minor action to swap out a weapon.
    2. Shows only on actions list for any carried or equipped.

If it is wanted to have all weapons on the list regardless, then maybe a color change/icon light to indicate it is available for firing.
    Maybe an attempt to fire a weapon not equipped will show in the chat as a note and would not produce rolled results.

Again if this has been addressed or requested we can just move on.

Thank you.

And Mad Beard, always appreciate your work on this!!!!!

Deej (deejaay1018)

Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    Don't know if it is already suggested, if so disregard.
    Weapons on the Actions page....any way it can filter and display only carried or equipped? Removes the issue of some players using weapons they own but are not carrying at the moment.
    various ways to display:
    1. Shows only on actions list for any equipped only. Forces player to use minor action to swap out a weapon.
    2. Shows only on actions list for any carried or equipped.

If it is wanted to have all weapons on the list regardless, then maybe a color change/icon light to indicate it is available for firing.
    Maybe an attempt to fire a weapon not equipped will show in the chat as a note and would not produce rolled results.

Again if this has been addressed or requested we can just move on.

Thank you.

And Mad Beard, always appreciate your work on this!!!!!

Deej (deejaay1018)
    Hi Deej,

Oddly I was thinking the same earlier in the week as one of my players is like Jayne from Firefly, has many weapons.

So this is what I'll do, remove any when a weapon is not carried or not equipped.

If carried, the attack/damage rolls will not function, same with the + for extra ammo loaded, as you can't change a clip on a weapon you're not holding....

As an aside, could also force only 1 weapon to be equpped?

Thoughts on that?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    If MBM does these things the best part about them is if you and your players don't want to use them - then don't But for those that do want to / or may use them - they would be very helpful.

Xargun

Sorry bad Joke from my Drinax campaign in that we Need a good Customer Relations Management System along with jira and Confluence and hiring a Chartered Accountant to keep track of things

I am all in favor of adding in ways to track and Automate the Running of Ships as well as trade inside the ruleset

Traveller Tools was recently updated: https://travellertoolsdemo.azurewebs...-1/0605/travel

He has a repository on github, might be willing to share if you ask him nicely ;-)
    https://github.com/Grauenwolf/TravellerTools/issues

Re: Forced to Equip 1 Weapon
    Core Book 75
    Dual Weapons
    Under some circumstances, a referee may allow a Traveller
    to use two weapons at the same time. These have to be
    weapons that can be reasonably be used in a single hand
    each, such as two blades, two pistols, or a blade and pistol.
    If a Traveller is using two weapons at the same time, he
    may attack with both in the same combat round. However,
    he may not aim with either, and will suffer DM-2 on the
    attack rolls for both. This penalty will not apply if the
    Traveller is carrying two weapons but only attacks with one.

So the Gm can let folks go akimbo with some guns. And the above passage is vague on which guns it allows.

Can you change functionality of the character sheet based on other conditions like, if they're currently on the combat tracker? My concern with locking out just freely changing their guns to help reenforce the action economy during combat, is that players will do a lot of fiddling with their gear when not in combat or can be reminded by the table at large to fiddle with their gear before combat starts and this would be adding potentially a lot of clicks that are just in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWigggles View Post
    Re: Forced to Equip 1 Weapon
    Core Book 75
    Dual Weapons
    Under some circumstances, a referee may allow a Traveller
    to use two weapons at the same time. These have to be
    weapons that can be reasonably be used in a single hand
    each, such as two blades, two pistols, or a blade and pistol.
    If a Traveller is using two weapons at the same time, he
    may attack with both in the same combat round. However,
    he may not aim with either, and will suffer DM-2 on the
    attack rolls for both. This penalty will not apply if the
    Traveller is carrying two weapons but only attacks with one.

So the Gm can let folks go akimbo with some guns. And the above passage is vague on which guns it allows.

Can you change functionality of the character sheet based on other conditions like, if they're currently on the combat tracker? My concern with locking out just freely changing their guns to help reenforce the action economy during combat, is that players will do a lot of fiddling with their gear when not in combat or can be reminded by the table at large to fiddle with their gear before combat starts and this would be adding potentially a lot of clicks that are just in the way.
    Rules like enforcing only 1 weapon etc would be a GM setting.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Deej,

Oddly I was thinking the same earlier in the week as one of my players is like Jayne from Firefly, has many weapons.

So this is what I'll do, remove any when a weapon is not carried or not equipped.

If carried, the attack/damage rolls will not function, same with the + for extra ammo loaded, as you can't change a clip on a weapon you're not holding....

As an aside, could also force only 1 weapon to be equpped?

Thoughts on that?

Cheers,
    MBM

I think that is an excellent way to manage equipped/carried guns while enforcing only equipped items can shoot.
    On the thought of only 1 weapon? Would that hamper a dual weapon option? If I remember right you can dual two one-handed but each gets a DM-2 to shooting.
    Last edited by deejaay1018; December 23rd, 2020 at 01:26.

Thread Information