STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 37 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    Yeah. A pool of boon or bane available to use each round would be nice to be able to keep track since I assume a leadership check can be made each round which would add more to it?

Another thing to think about is that since MBM is working on task chains... Maybe have common tasks associated with each skill and the data associated with those tasks such as how long it'll take (typically 1d sec,mins, hours or days X possible modifier) and associated attribute mod. also noting if your taking your time or hurrying etc... then it could just add those times together as you chain them. of course there would be times when only the Ref could properly define the task and associated data but then if its something that gets used alot, the ref could define the task manually for re-use or chaining later. MBM could even leave it up to us to define all the tasks to save him some data entry. So basically have tasks as sub-catagory to skills somehow.
    Good idea, the TC is slowly being worked on during lunchtimes this week.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Can we sticky this thread?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post166710

Is the language feature set up for traveller so that players in the chat can understand different languages who speak that language but players that don't will see language related gibberish?

I'm trying to get a language extension to work but.seem.to.be having some.trouble.

Also I'm trying to get the Author extension to work.for.traveller and it doesn't seem to work properly. Is there a similar Traveller extension? If not how do I do it manually?

Russ (UTC -7)

I do not think it is. I messed with it months ago but couldn't get the base built-in feature to work.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I do not think it is. I messed with it months ago but couldn't get the base built-in feature to work.

Xargun
    Have you had any success with the Author extension for building a reference manual for your modules?

Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    Have you had any success with the Author extension for building a reference manual for your modules?
    Don't even know what that is.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Don't even know what that is.
    Xargun
    Author is a very powerful extension that allows for combining multiple notes into a single reference document with a table of contents etc.
    It worked about the time MGT2 was released, but, they had some problems with Fantasy Grounds Unity. The current FGU builds do NOT work with MGT2.
    Same issues occur when attempting to install new fonts/languages into MGT2.
    Something is missing from MGT2 that is expected by both the fonts/language system and the Author extension.
    When I tried asking on the development forums, they moved my question to this forum and said it was the responsibility of MBM to have all the hooks in the system.
    I have not had time to go back to the issue and I am wont to bother MBM with this as he has enough on his plate.
    I would have released alot of material already if I could get that working.

So I posted my problem on the discord chat and Founder Laerun took me in the tell and show channel to show me a point about the system that I didn't know.

The make module and export module is not a save campaign function, putting /save in the chat is.

So now I run a development campaign that I'm developing my campaign in and a preview campaign that I test the campaigns functionality.

What I was doing was running an instance of the module as I was building it and an instance of the module that I exported at the same time.

Anyways now I'm building an amazing campaign called Ammotopos and the Author is working properly.

Next I'm hoping language functionality is added so I can use Valani and Zhodani in the chat box with some players getting and others not.

So I posted my problem on the discord chat and Founder Laerun took me in the tell and show channel to show me a point about the system that I didn't know.

The make module and export module is not a save campaign function, putting /save in the chat is.

So now I run a development campaign that I'm developing my campaign in and a preview campaign that I test the campaigns functionality.

What I was doing was running an instance of the module as I was building it and an instance of the module that I exported at the same time.

Anyways now I'm building an amazing campaign called Ammotopos and the Author is working properly.

Next I'm hoping language functionality is added so I can use Valani and Zhodani in the chat box with some players getting and others not.
    Supply a list of languages - not there are no official fonts that I know of and I'll add them to the base ruleset, though you need to start a new campaign for them to be added in (though you can hack the db.xml and add them).

There's no official language code though, so no scrambling of the messages etc. I could look at doing that if enough people want it. In my games, everyone talks a common language, any alien races have real-time translation devices to get over languages.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Anglic, Gvegh, Trokh, Vilani, Genosha, and Zdetl would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by russ143; February 2nd, 2021 at 19:40.

Thread Information