Starfinder Playlist

FGU Question on testing content as player view

I don't know if something isn't working correctly, If I don't know how to do it, or if it isn't possible.

I am using an FGU Ultimate License. Fully Updated.
    I've read a few threads on here that talk about issues connecting to the localhost, etc. I am able to connect to the localhost. The 'Player' then has the same name as the DM/Host. Since I cannot use a different connection name as I did in FGC.

When I try to test my map using LoS features, such as a Door, the token can walk through the door regardless if it is Open or Closed. (Using the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate.) This is true when I am using the localhost connected player instance or my host local instance to interact with that token.

How can I test something as a player? Is mine working the way it is supposed to or is it actually not supposed to let that happen when I am using any connected instance? Or is it because the 'DM' owns that token?

I read on another thread that if you had two instances with different names you would need different license codes... but even if I did I don't think I could launch two FGU instances on my computer using two accounts. I'm not sure how to actually test game material for my players.
    I'd love to just connect to my localhost using the free version.

Thank you in advance for any help solving or pointing me in the right direction.

Welcome to FG.

When I connect as a player to my host session (either using localhost or via the Cloud using the DM Name) the player instance acts in all respects just like a player instance should. That is the tokens cannot open locked doors or move through walls. They can open unlocked doors (which is intended) so possibly you are misunderstanding that aspect of the software. there are some videos linked here (video 2 and 10-13) that might help. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    As always, if you are seeing behavior you don't think is intentional, try to replicate it in a new campaign with no extensions or themes enabled at all. If you can, then post the details including ruleset and steps to reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you Zacchaeus, I am watching the videos and will see if that clears things up for me.

Thank you LordEntrails, I will try and replicate what is happening in a new campaign.

Thread Information