DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    As an Idea, and I've seen people doing this on another plaform is not only setting up a platform for donations, but I've seen some people going for Patreons to sell extensions on another VTT. And I'll be honest with you, I completely agree with people being able to sell their code within a platform, but I noticed that not only me but many people prefer not to feel enforced to pay, so we just spend the most when something is given for free first. I've spent way more money on games that are free than paid ones in my life. There are some developers here that have done so much for the community that I always feel like buying them a coffee.

I personally only use a couple of extensions, and they mainly just change the look of Fantasy Grounds. That being said, there are some crazy good extensions available here in the forums, and this will be a great way of letting others find them quicker/easier.

This community member thinks it is a great idea. Hopefully when implemented any previously bought dmg's ext will carry over without a second purchase. :-)

A reveal most likely means Doug leaking pics like he did for the lighting we're working on. I will confirm that we have one of our developers working on this almost full-time.

To start with, we will most likely only be supporting "free" extensions. The idea is that we will work all the kinks in providing a UI for users to manage their community forge "subscriptions", as well as the infrastructure in the updater to deliver all those subscriptions. Once we have that under control, we plan to move forward with a monetization system to allow community content authors to sell content access; as well as accept donations (and maybe even patronage subscriptions eventually).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A reveal most likely means Doug leaking pics like he did for the lighting we're working on. I will confirm that we have one of our developers working on this almost full-time.

To start with, we will most likely only be supporting "free" extensions. The idea is that we will work all the kinks in providing a UI for users to manage their community forge "subscriptions", as well as the infrastructure in the updater to deliver all those subscriptions. Once we have that under control, we plan to move forward with a monetization system to allow community content authors to sell content access; as well as accept donations (and maybe even patronage subscriptions eventually).

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds like I'll be in limbo a lot longer than January then. Thanks for the clarification - I appreciate it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

We're working as fast as we can; but we can't afford to put more than one senior developer on it with the size of our company and the fact that we're also working on vision/lighting in tandem.

Regards,
    JPG

We're working as fast as we can; but we can't afford to put more than one senior developer on it with the size of our company and the fact that we're also working on vision/lighting in tandem.

Regards,
    JPG
    I completely understand. Just my fate that DMsG wants me to move to DTRPG and SW does not. So stuck waiting for this on the sidelines. Don't get me wrong - I do understand. Just no fun being caught "in between" that rock and a hard place
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Yeah, we heard some rumblings about this situation about a week before it happened; and had just started talking about moving priorities to address. We were a little shocked that the trigger was pulled so fast; so we've been trying to focus on re-prioritizing to get a solution,

Since the user subscription and the update system is a requirement to do the rest, that makes a good phase 1 release.

Regards,
    JPG

A reveal most likely means Doug leaking pics like he did for the lighting we're working on.
    Regards,
    JPG
    This is priceless
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't care where they are, I just want them to auto-update.

Thread Information