DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Stylus Right Click

I have a tablet PC I'm running FG on. The stylus is configured so when you hover over something and click the stylus button it does a right click. It works fine in FGC but in Unity it doesn't work. Any ideas? I know it's kind of a weird use case but I thought I'd ask.

Windows 10 Pro with the latest FGU update.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I have a tablet PC I'm running FG on. The stylus is configured so when you hover over something and click the stylus button it does a right click. It works fine in FGC but in Unity it doesn't work. Any ideas? I know it's kind of a weird use case but I thought I'd ask.

Windows 10 Pro with the latest FGU update.
    I have noticed this with my Wacom input device also.
    Not a huge deal but annoying to have to reach for the mouse so frequently to move the map around (or using the compass rose).

You could try to use AutoHotKey to capture the stylus right-click and then have AHK resend right-click to FG. I know that the latter works, because I used it for my right-click scroll/pointers AHK script. So if AHK can capture the stylus it should work.

The simplest AHK script version would really just:

RButton:: Mouseclick, Right
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 15th, 2020 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    You could try to use AutoHotKey to capture the stylus right-click and then have AHK resend right-click to FG. I know that the latter works, because I used it for my right-click scroll/pointers AHK script. So if AHK can capture the stylus it should work.

The simplest AHK script version would really just:

RButton:: Mouseclick, Right
    My solution was installing Linux :P
    The Unity build there picks up the right-click correctly (although I would assume this is due to different input device drivers).

It used to work in earlier Unity versions of FGU, but now it appears broken. Any update on this, I'm using a Surface Book for table play and would love for right-click to work without some extensive workaround.

We haven't changed anything in the way that FG handles right click behaviors for a year now; so not sure what is causing it or when it changed for you exactly. This is something that is virtualized from our application's point of view; and we just checked for button up/down.

When you say that it worked in earlier Unity versions of FGU, when was that exactly?

Regards,
    JPG

Sorry, I might just be miss remembering, it was pretty long ago to be fair and I might've been mixing play between FGC (in which it still works) and FGU back then, stylus input is registered and the animations appear for it registering in Windows but not in FGU gives no menu. Using the touchpad feature is a workaround I suppose, I'd rather see it natively working!

Unfortunately, we are running in a cross-platform game engine called Unity which controls all input routines, so it's not something we have direct access to. From a quick search online, I see at least one Wacom stylus report that is still ongoing for the Unity engine. We are currently running Unity 2020 LTS engine.

Regards,
    JPG

For what its worth, it works in Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall and Hong Kong. They're all based on unity. I have a Surface Book 2 and use a Surface Pen 3.

Thread Information