STAR TREK 2d20
Page 23 of 44 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    with lots of bright red warnings.
    Yea!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Any lighting release WILL go into the Test channel first; with lots of bright red warnings. We already know that the network/data format is changing for the upcoming release; and it's a one-way trip for campaigns. Also, it is expected we'll have a couple things to iron out; and some extension authors may need to adjust their code to not stomp on CoreRPG behaviors to support basic vision/lighting.

Regards,
    JPG
    There are a few annoying places I could not call the original code in some extensions - so I suppose I will have to get into test to prepare the replacements. I trust this thread will be updated when the time comes to insure those of us subscribed notice when it happens? Or do we get personally monogrammed invites? Personally, I'd like the monogrammed touch
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    There are a few annoying places I could not call the original code in some extensions - so I suppose I will have to get into test to prepare the replacements. I trust this thread will be updated when the time comes to insure those of us subscribed notice when it happens? Or do we get personally monogrammed invites? Personally, I'd like the monogrammed touch
    Test releases are always announced in this forum https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...The-Laboratory
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you guys are still working the lighting map options (SW), I would like to request to put some thought into some kind of LOS that will increase the fallout for lighting effects that can be placed on the map like terrain, etc. Only call it "rise" or something so that the light will cost more than 5ft going over it. Cliffs - crevasses etc. Just a thought. Also if LOS could have something players can't move through but can see through - that would be great for - cliffs with mountains above etc.

Also if LOS could have something players can't move through but can see through
    Windows do that Block movement but not vision

If you guys are still working the lighting map options (SW), I would like to request to put some thought into some kind of LOS that will increase the fallout for lighting effects that can be placed on the map like terrain, etc. Only call it "rise" or something so that the light will cost more than 5ft going over it. Cliffs - crevasses etc. Just a thought. Also if LOS could have something players can't move through but can see through - that would be great for - cliffs with mountains above etc.
    Your second item is already there - use a window and put a lock on it (shift close). Or you use a Pit Trap - which lets them fall off the cliff but not see back out

I have been having issues with the Pit Trap and tokens. They are hidden when behind an open pit.

Image is DM view. PC view the tokens with arrows pointed at them are invisible.

@SilentRuin,
    As mentioned, there is already a window you can use for that. Also, we're not trying to add anything at this point; as that is one of the reasons it has been delayed, as we uncover new needs for rulesets.

@kevininrussia,
    I actually submitted that already to @cpinder internally based on your original post. I just haven't been responding as much, since I've been busy.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you all who suggested windows - did not think it through that I could just draw shape along a cliff. I'll give it a try!

I've been using windows for rails and short walls that you can see over but can't move through.

Thread Information