DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 44 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by cgandrews View Post
    Understood regarding how it may initially function. However I'm not sure I understand what Imagix is assuming about the relationship to shadows and alternate types of vision? And I'm not sure I understand your answer with respect to his question. Can either of you provide more detail on this?
    Imagix comment was a way to say he was trying to say he wasn't trying to say anything bad about the feature. He could have also said he didn't want to throw shade.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Nice! Good see / read of the constant improvement and features yet to come to FGU. I'm switching my games in 2021 exclusively to unity from classic.

Btw Mr. Davison please make sure the boss doesn't catch you posting super secret stuff on the forums!

I don't know if I understood correctly, but at first things will be done manually (something I like) but in the future will there be a kind of automation?
    Example (assuming it is like this):
    An elf has darkvision 60 feet, meaning I would see color for 30 feet and the other 30 feet would be in gray scale? (Taking into account that there is a light source).
    A dwarf has a 30-foot infravision (that is, I would see that "reddish" tone within the 30-foot radius).
    If I got it right, this will be wonderful!
    But maintaining the manual feature will be perfect!

Blog Entries
    The more automated approach would read the character sheet to determine your character’s vision range and type. We have support for allowing multiple vision types - like you described for the elf.

Infravision, tremor sense, and vision that reveals otherwise hidden stuff may never be fully implemented or automated due to the complexity and the relative rarity of that occurring in game. Then again, it might. Carl and John are pretty clever.

Thank you very much for answering my question and the answer only served to make me more anxious, happy and satisfied for having chosen FG as my virtual platform!
    Thanks to you and the team that strives to bring and make improvements to make our games better and more immersive!

I have to say this is incredibly cool and I'm really looking forward to how dynamic dungeons and the like can get when monsters can lurk just outside your field of vision and the like.

Thank you everyone for your hard work on this! Unity just keeps getting better!

Doug,

Will vision be token specific? What I mean is One player is human (only regular vision) and another has darkvision.

Will the darkvision be able to see things while the non-darkvision player be limited?

Yeah... my comment was a small pun, and Ulric read it correctly. The feature as currently described will solve many, many problems.

This may be a "duh" type of question - but if I have a player with a torch equipped and another with no light source at all - how will these interact? In other words, if the guy with torch is at the front and turns a corner (all examples assume LOS in effect) will the room he just left go pitch black just because he's out of direct sight? Or is there some reflective lesser light applied?

If just raw LOS type of lighting I assume it would go pitch black the second the light source is "out of sight" regardless of the fact light reflects off walls and such. Just want to make sure there is not some very cool tricks going on to deal with light not being simply "sight". I get its harder to do that sort of thing but just wondered about it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Doug,

Will vision be token specific? What I mean is One player is human (only regular vision) and another has darkvision.

Will the darkvision be able to see things while the non-darkvision player be limited?
    Vision is token specific. Vision distance is implemented. The way each vision type is rendered differs, such as darkvision showing as grayscale. If you have 30' vision provided by a torch and another player has 60' darkvision, they will both see what is in the torch light but the darkvision player will see out further in grayscale. I'm still waiting for my version to play with and I'll be doing some experiments with it all over the holidays.

Thread Information