Starfinder Playlist
Page 39 of 44 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    What happens in the thread *stays* in the thread...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Having seen the latest video on youtube with David and Laerun, it seems we can expect July 2021 to be the target date. If we are lucky, before that.

At least this is what I've understood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yvlztAkt-k&t=2563s
    Last edited by *Neuro*; May 10th, 2021 at 13:16. Reason: Wrong name references
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    Having seen the latest video on youtube with Doug and Laerun, it seems we can expect July 2021 to be the target date. If we are lucky, before that.

At least this is what I've understood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yvlztAkt-k&t=2563s
    I don't see Doug in that video...

There's always the possibility to play in TEST. It is rather stable with only a few minor issues from my experience.

My mistake I wanted to write David
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    There's always the possibility to play in TEST. It is rather stable with only a few minor issues from my experience.
    I disagree. The last build broke token lights being visible for players and colored lights don't show their colors either (without a workaround). The build before that was revealing fog of war for everything in line of sight for someone as soon as a light source was present, and tokens weren't always showing as visible even when in light.

I guess we can all have different definitions of "minor", but I think anyone running a game on Test right now is running a lot of risk of things being janky from week to week, as well as still having no guarantee that the data format might not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I disagree. The last build broke token lights being visible for players and colored lights don't show their colors either (without a workaround). The build before that was revealing fog of war for everything in line of sight for someone as soon as a light source was present, and tokens weren't always showing as visible even when in light.

I guess we can all have different definitions of "minor", but I think anyone running a game on Test right now is running a lot of risk of things being janky from week to week, as well as still having no guarantee that the data format might not change.

Agreed. Returned to Live due to too many bugs with the lighting. Looking forward to a finished release.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    as well as still having no guarantee that the data format might not change.
    This is something I don't think people understand well enough.

Though you will probably be able to move a campaign from Test to Live when lighting goes live, there really is a significant risk that you will not be able to and will lose all your campaign data that you created/edited in Test. I strongly suggest people consider that before they use Test to play a 'real' campaign.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

IMO, the best way to sample Test builds for an ongoing campaign is to run a minor side quest adventure in Test and then abandon the Test campaign and go back to your live campaign and just adjust the XP levels of the character. That's a no risk of incompatibility that way since you just go back to the live campaign.

There is no doubt it’s looking good and playing well with my hardware.

Thread Information