Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 44 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    I use FGU since the beginning and I say that it evolved a lot, the falls stopped playing normally using the Lobby, and the games are really cool I confess that I am looking forward to this addition and many others on the list of idea informer and the only thing that chin, but that doesn't make it impractical is slowness | crash that happens as players connect and the slow (in all rules) to open the information in the character sheets, especially in the main tab.
    But I know that the team does not only work to add resources, but to increase efficiency | stability of the platform so that in the future they don’t have to listen, oh but the other platform doesn’t lock, oh but the other platform does it and here it doesn’t and things like that, I know I’m happy with Fantasy Grounds and I know the other platforms and I say with all certainty that this is where I will stay.
    I have friends who started to denigrate Fantasy Grounds with the launch of Unity, friends who jumped off the boat (I call them flustered and immediate) and faced problems in the new platform that for many is wonderful in the same way that we faced in FG (Falls from connection, system bugs, failures in dynamic lighting, preventing players from entering the table, need for a TCP port) and I miss something that for me is the most important thing to speed up a table which is automation, a platform has this if you pay a monthly fee and the other is crawling on it and I also came across the problem that there are creators who simply do and did things to do and simply abandoned their creations, leaving orphans those who decided to use it and now can no longer due the abandonment of them, due to the constant changes and upgrades that live "damaging" their creations, that is it and excuse the long post of outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You want the man to get into even more trouble with Carl and John?
    Yeah I think he should get in more trouble for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I use FGU since the beginning and I say that it evolved a lot, the falls stopped playing normally using the Lobby, and the games are really cool I confess that I am looking forward to this addition and many others on the list of idea informer and the only thing that chin, but that doesn't make it impractical is slowness | crash that happens as players connect and the slow (in all rules) to open the information in the character sheets, especially in the main tab.
    But I know that the team does not only work to add resources, but to increase efficiency | stability of the platform so that in the future they don’t have to listen, oh but the other platform doesn’t lock, oh but the other platform does it and here it doesn’t and things like that, I know I’m happy with Fantasy Grounds and I know the other platforms and I say with all certainty that this is where I will stay.
    I have friends who started to denigrate Fantasy Grounds with the launch of Unity, friends who jumped off the boat (I call them flustered and immediate) and faced problems in the new platform that for many is wonderful in the same way that we faced in FG (Falls from connection, system bugs, failures in dynamic lighting, preventing players from entering the table, need for a TCP port) and I miss something that for me is the most important thing to speed up a table which is automation, a platform has this if you pay a monthly fee and the other is crawling on it and I also came across the problem that there are creators who simply do and did things to do and simply abandoned their creations, leaving orphans those who decided to use it and now can no longer due the abandonment of them, due to the constant changes and upgrades that live "damaging" their creations, that is it and excuse the long post of outburst.
    In my experience with FG most of these issues are user errors - there are some bugs of course and people connecting to my table have to download all the hi-res maps I make and 900,000 modules I own, but most of the time its people that are not very proficient with computers that stumble, and once you explain it to them, they are OK and can get into the game and enjoy it.

FGU is now branching off from FGC (which is what it was meant to do, and was the whole point) so things will only get better now.

So... any chance of seeing this soon in the next update? Some time in February perhaps?

Here's hoping
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

I'm wondering if eventually it can be automated to where, if, say, a creature is just outside a PC's torchlight (putting it in dim light), the game could automatically give the 20% miss chance, and such.

For now, even just the idea of being able to quickly glance at the scene and see what player characters can see and what they can't is awesome. This would've been great if you had shared it with us. And it would've been awesome to see if we had seen it. But we, of course, didn't see it. And I don't know what this thread even is.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I'm wondering if eventually it can be automated to where, if, say, a creature is just outside a PC's torchlight (putting it in dim light), the game could automatically give the 20% miss chance, and such.

For now, even just the idea of being able to quickly glance at the scene and see what player characters can see and what they can't is awesome. This would've been great if you had shared it with us. And it would've been awesome to see if we had seen it. But we, of course, didn't see it. And I don't know what this thread even is.
    They did share it, that is what this thread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post

I think you are asking too much.

What would be nice is having Dynamic LOS and Dynamic lighting group or single (toggle) and different vision according quality source. (+ lock tokens of course)

For example: radius 20' bright light + other 20' dim light and if this would be visible on the map by the player would be nice.

If these are implemented would be a revolution, real revolution. For someone like me that is starting to pass a lot of time masking, removing mask when players move is exhausting on the long run.

I think we already asked a lot and we should be happy that they are working on this feature as I think it will change the "quality of life" of many game sessions.

Let's keep fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    I think you are asking too much.

What would be nice is having Dynamic LOS and Dynamic lighting group or single (toggle) and different vision according quality source. (+ lock tokens of course)

For example: radius 20' bright light + other 20' dim light and if this would be visible on the map by the player would be nice.

If these are implemented would be a revolution, real revolution. For someone like me that is starting to pass a lot of time masking, removing mask when players move is exhausting on the long run.

I think we already asked a lot and we should be happy that they are working on this feature as I think it will change the "quality of life" of many game sessions.

Let's keep fingers crossed.
    That is exactly what they have said it coming - if you read the first part of this thread and Doug's replies.

Blog Entries
    These previews are probably too rough for broad circulation, but I thought you might be interested in seeing them.

Video 1:

Link: https://youtu.be/Ms0VlJu0zSg

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    These previews are probably too rough for broad circulation, but I thought you might be interested in seeing them.

Video 1:

Link: https://youtu.be/Ms0VlJu0zSg
    Yeah!!!!

Thread Information