FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    The catalog is just a list of links to the data in the other modules.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville
    I will check out the NSIS, thanks for the tip. I was thinking about using a self-extracting zip file, but the problem is I have players on three different versions of Windows and Macs, so probably there's no one solution other than DropBox and letting them navigate to the proper folder.
    If your group is comprised of Windows XP, Vista, 7, OSX/Wine/Crossover clients as is mine the NSIS .exe installer will run on all platforms just fine. As for how to safley distribute you might also want to look at creating a simple private group page on Google or Yahoo groups, they normally allow you to upload files and create a free secure space for your groups to interact and share resources. Many other users here also use online RPG portals like Obsidian to help manage their campaigns as well as provide ongoing campaign information. For small of amount of time and about (3-5 bucks a month) you can even run a small secure hosted WordPress or Web site to act as online Campaign Portal for your group(s), with tools like WP its a snap to build forum or blog elements along with support for rich media content like maps, campaign handouts, video streams of memorable past games etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville
    When my player had grabbed a power from the 4E Catalog and then tried clicking on it to read it, he got an error telling him the sourcebook it came from was not present/loaded. That seemed pretty cut and dry to me, but maybe I was doing something wrong on my end.
    Hmm, doesn't sound right to me. I'm sure the xml inside the catalog module contains all of the power data, not sure why the source modules would still be required to be opened. Sort of defeats the purpose of a catalog as it operates more like an Index if this is the case. I'll check with Tenian.
    Last edited by Zeus; November 24th, 2010 at 00:41.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    The catalog is just a list of links to the data in the other modules.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Tis strange, I cracked open my 4E Catalog.mod (22MB) and the power content is definitely included the module? Why would the data be included but the reference links linked to the external original source? I've dropped a note to Tenian and posed the same question.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

ok hope this is the place to ask this...i am in the middle of creating one of the old dnd adventure mods in fantasy grounds II and was putting all the monsters under combat to make it easier for my dm. this way i was able to quickly make 12 monsters of the same type and change up thier hp as required...unfortunatly when i exported it the combats were gone and all my links to the combat from my story entries come up blank. Is there a way to export these and if so can u explain how...It just seems so much easier to put them in combat and leave the personalities area for the unique creatures
    Last edited by mattmalmquist; April 18th, 2011 at 23:30.

The ruleset needs to enable encounters to be exported. Currently, the 4E and d20_JPG rulesets are the only rulesets I know of that have campaign encounters, and the ability to use the /export command to create modules containing them.

What ruleset are you using?

Cheers,
    JPG

The 3.5E ruleset does not currently support exporting of encounters. I'm working on a 3.5E overhaul right now, but it will not be ready for a bit.

Most people recommend the d20_JPG ruleset for playing 3.5E right now. There will be an update path from d20_JPG to the new 3.5E ruleset when it is ready. In fact, the upcoming 3.5E ruleset is essentially the next iteration of the d20_JPG ruleset.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Tis strange, I cracked open my 4E Catalog.mod (22MB) and the power content is definitely included the module? Why would the data be included but the reference links linked to the external original source? I've dropped a note to Tenian and posed the same question.
    Is there any update to this at all? The same issue is currently happening to me. My catalog is 1.6mb and contains links to other modules. The power content is not within the module.

Sorry if the answer is elsewhere. I did do a search and could not seem to locate it.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I did speak to Tenian (author of the 4EParser) about this some time ago but forgot to update the thread.

It turns out that the 4E Catalog contains only reference links for powers and that source modules are still required to be opened. The catalog does contain some source data about each power however it is not complete and is exclusively used by EugeneZ's DDI Character Builder importing tool.

So in summary, the 4E Catalog acts more like an Index in that it provides a single reference for all 4E Powers but to open or link to the powers requires the source module for the power to be open.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    I did speak to Tenian (author of the 4EParser) about this some time ago but forgot to update the thread.

It turns out that the 4E Catalog contains only reference links for powers and that source modules are still required to be opened. The catalog does contain some source data about each power however it is not complete and is exclusively used by EugeneZ's DDI Character Builder importing tool.

So in summary, the 4E Catalog acts more like an Index in that it provides a single reference for all 4E Powers but to open or link to the powers requires the source module for the power to be open.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
    Thanks. That certainly does. However, I do have a problem. I created all the mods (PHBI, II, III, etc.) and share the modules in conjunction with the catalog. I then force the download to the players/clients, yet they are not distributed and are not available in the modules. They only have the catalog available. They cannot even create characters with the source material as a result.

Is this normal behavior?

Thread Information