Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

It depends on how you build your modules. If they are client modules, then yes they should work that way. Client modules have to be on the local machine to be opened. Only if the server and clients have identical versions of the client modules can they be force loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    It depends on how you build your modules. If they are client modules, then yes they should work that way. Client modules have to be on the local machine to be opened. Only if the server and clients have identical versions of the client modules can they be force loaded.
    Ah. I believe mine were all built with the default db.xml. I never realized the impact this had. So common.xml it is (and a lot of rebuilding/renaming). Thanks.

The db.xml modules are server only modules. The common modules are also only server only and can be force loaded onto the clients. Typically you should keep common modules as small as possible since they have to be loaded and transfered every time a client connects.

One caveat on making them a non-host module type is that it will increase the download time at the beginning of each session. While the module data should cache, it's one more file to check, and if there are any changes, another large download.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information