5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post
    If I could request a feature?

This is amazing for keeping tokens on the map as a reminder the players are walking into danger. For some of the tokens, I like to mask sensitive visibility so the players see something right away but not on the CT. Would there be a way to build into the selection tool a way to mask sensitive visibility for all selected?
    I am not clear on what you're asking for. Selection right now allows you to activate or deactivate whatever tokens you have selected.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

With SA's functionality, I disable tokens to leave on the map but out of the combat tracker. If I want players to still be able to see this token but not load onto the CT, I have to right click, go to visibility, and click "mask sensitive" visibility. This allows my players to turn a corner and immediately see something without seeing the combat tracker populate. Then if a fight breaks out, I can activate the token and it will appear in the CT. I'll grab some screenshots.

What would be cool is being able to select multiple tokens and set their visibility to "mask sensitive visibility" to go with the buttons that deactivate or activate them in the tracker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am having issues with the combat tracker. Playing 5e rule set. Loaded all the characters into the combat tracker then loaded a pre loaded encounter to the combat tracker. I was unable to target any of the player characters with the pre loaded monster encounter. The players could target everything normally. The combat tracker worked fine from their perspective. But not working at all from the GM perspective. Had to do all the combats entirely manually from the GM side. I did once add in another NPC to the combat tracker. A spell effect brought in another NPC to the battle. That NPC worked fine. I manually loaded that NPC into the combat tracker. Again the issue is with pre loaded encounters done on a previous version of Fantasy grounds unity.

Tried another pre made encounter and the same behavior happened. Some how a bug has been introduced from pre made encounters done on earlier versions of fantasy grounds unity.
    It is a reproducible error, any pre made encounter will exhibit the same issue.

Our group meets once a month. Last month we had no problems with the combat tracker. This month we do. Something changed in the last updates over the last month that caused this.

The error I get says [ERROR] Unable to target token not linked to combat tracker entry.

This error happens every time I attempt to target a player in the combat tracker.

When ever a player tries to target an npc in the tracker it works fine.

It only happens when I load a pre loaded encounter into the combat tracker.
    And then again the error is for all of the GM run npc's in the combat tracker.
    It seems to be a one way error.
    Last edited by hammer58; March 3rd, 2021 at 06:37.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    I am having issues with the combat tracker. Playing 5e rule set. Loaded all the characters into the combat tracker then loaded a pre loaded encounter to the combat tracker. I was unable to target any of the player characters with the pre loaded monster encounter. The players could target everything normally. The combat tracker worked fine from their perspective. But not working at all from the GM perspective. Had to do all the combats entirely manually from the GM side. I did once add in another NPC to the combat tracker. A spell effect brought in another NPC to the battle. That NPC worked fine. I manually loaded that NPC into the combat tracker. Again the issue is with pre loaded encounters done on a previous version of Fantasy grounds unity.

Tried another pre made encounter and the same behavior happened. Some how a bug has been introduced from pre made encounters done on earlier versions of fantasy grounds unity.
    It is a reproducible error, any pre made encounter will exhibit the same issue.

Our group meets once a month. Last month we had no problems with the combat tracker. This month we do. Something changed in the last updates over the last month that caused this.

The error I get says [ERROR] Unable to target token not linked to combat tracker entry.

This error happens every time I attempt to target a player in the combat tracker.

When ever a player tries to target an npc in the tracker it works fine.

It only happens when I load a pre loaded encounter into the combat tracker.
    And then again the error is for all of the GM run npc's in the combat tracker.
    It seems to be a one way error.
    Based on your other post it seems like you're doing a bit more than using SA (importing a 2e module into 5e).

I can say, in my local testing I do not experience these issues. What I will suggest tho is trying the /sa commands (see first post). Specifically "/sashow all" might help if somehow the active/deactive flags got corrupted somehow. That will set ALL tokens on the map to CT active mode and you can go back and deactivate. If that works, you're golden.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I was testing the 5E version 1.03 and noticed a bug that only seems to occur in Unity, but not in classic. New campaign, no other extensions loaded.

Observed behavior: When an npc is first added to the CT and then to a map, the SA deactivate button does not appear to work when clicked (the tokens remain visible in the CT). However, if you then immediately activate the tokens and deactivate them again, it does work. It appears that the first time pressing the deactivate button on a new NPC doesnt refresh the CT filter.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. add npc to CT
    2. drag to map
    3. use selection tool to select NPC
    4. click the SA deactivate tokens button (red X)
    token still appears in the CT.
    5. click the activate token button (green check), then the deactivate button again.
    token now appears/disappears as expected.
    I am getting this same behavior, has this been resolved?

After todays (3/9/2021) update I'm getting this error when launching the Combat Tracker:

Fixed by replacing ct_host.xml with new one from update.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; March 10th, 2021 at 00:31.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    After todays (3/9/2021) update I'm getting this error when launching the Combat Tracker:

Fixed by replacing ct_host.xml with new one from update.
    I saw a post by JPG a few minutes ago mentioning some changes that went live today. That could be the issue. I didnt see any issues with the 2e ruleset (which has this built in) but I'll try and take a look at this on the weekend.
    ---

Looks like they added

<hsx name="senses" />

to the ct_host.xml

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Looks like they added

<hsx name="senses" />

to the ct_host.xml
    uuuuh, we know what this is about

Thread Information