DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New Feature: Creating Professions within the FG RMC Ruleset

I've finalized the code for creating professions within the FG RMC ruleset. It is currently on the Test channel and will be released on Tuesday 12/15. I've updated both the Character Law and Rolemaster Companion 1 (This is in the final stages of being released) modules to include the extra information needed for the profession changes.

First of all I've changed the professions and races so you can modify the existing ones in the modules. This will allow you to set them up however you want for you campaigns. You can always revert the changes for any item using the radial menu.

I updated the Main tab to include a spot for the base spell lists. Spell lists can be dragged to the Base Spell List header to add them. These were added so that you can get a complete look at the profession and can drag the links from the profession to the character's Spells tab. I also created drop down lists for the Realm, Category and Prime Requisite fields.
    RMC Profession Main Tab.PNG

Two new tabs were added for the primary and secondary skill costs. There wasn't enough space so the tabs are labeled "P. Skills" and "S. Skills". These tabs will automatically fill in the list of skills based on any skills in located in modules or added to the campaign. Then the costs would just need to be filled in for the skills.
    RMC Profession Primary Skills Tab.PNG
    RMC Profession Secondary Skills Tab.PNG

The secondary skill cost image shows how it will pickup skills in the campaign that are created. If you create skills after opening the profession just close and reopen it to get the new secondary skills to show up.

After the GM fills everything in they just need to share it so the players can use it for their characters with the skill costs automatically being filled in when skills are added to a character with the new profession.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Very nice work Dakadin.

Blog Entries
    Really nice... great stuff!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Well good news does not throw up any errors in FRP, however current does not work in FRP I need to modify some bit and pieces for it to work, so please use the standard method until i can update the FRP Character Law.
    Last edited by Ardem; December 14th, 2020 at 09:00.

I made sure to keep the skill costs look ups backwards compatible so it wouldn't break anything. I think you are mostly going to have to get it to find the RMFRP skills instead of the RMC skills so the costs can be filled in.

New version of FRP out so, will work when the new version goes live.

Hi Dadakin

There was no mention of this update in todays updates list. Did it get pulled for some reason?

Cheers
    John

Not that I am aware of. Let me follow up with Smiteworks and see what the status is.

One bonus is that it looks like Rolemaster Companion 1 is in the store now: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ICEFGRMCGCP009

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    One bonus is that it looks like Rolemaster Companion 1 is in the store now: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ICEFGRMCGCP009
    Congratulations on the release... already purchased!

It's been a huge amount of time since anything new for Rolemaster has been released... this one is quite a treat and adds a lot to a GM's toolkit (and players' as well).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information